Old September 13th 04, 08:57 AM
dxAce

Honus wrote:

I'm picking it up pretty good here in Seattle at 0340. They're giving ID's
left and right, but I can't find anything in my Passport about them. There
isn't much on the web; I wonder if I'm spelling it properly? Does anyone
know anything about them? It sounds like a news program, BTW. I'm unsure
about the language, although it sure sounds like Russian.

Radio Liberty. They call themselves Radio Svoboda in Russian, svoboda means
either 'liberty' or 'peace'... I can't recall.

dxAce

Old September 13th 04, 12:29 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

Honus wrote:

I'm picking it up pretty good here in Seattle at 0340. They're giving ID's
left and right, but I can't find anything in my Passport about them. There
isn't much on the web; I wonder if I'm spelling it properly? Does anyone
know anything about them? It sounds like a news program, BTW. I'm unsure
about the language, although it sure sounds like Russian.

Radio Liberty. They call themselves Radio Svoboda in Russian, svoboda means
either 'liberty' or 'peace'... I can't recall.

I went and did some checking, apparently 'svoboda' is Russian for 'freedom'.

dxAce

Old September 14th 04, 03:39 AM
Telamon

In article , dxAce
wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Honus wrote:

I'm picking it up pretty good here in Seattle at 0340. They're giving ID's
left and right, but I can't find anything in my Passport about them. There
isn't much on the web; I wonder if I'm spelling it properly? Does anyone
know anything about them? It sounds like a news program, BTW. I'm unsure
about the language, although it sure sounds like Russian.

Radio Liberty. They call themselves Radio Svoboda in Russian, svoboda means
either 'liberty' or 'peace'... I can't recall.

I went and did some checking, apparently 'svoboda' is Russian for 'freedom'.

Thanks for reporting that information.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old September 14th 04, 05:39 AM
Honus

"Telamon" wrote in message

R is for Russian

11725 0300-0500 USA Radio Liberty R CIS /MRC

That's EIBI

http://www.eibi.de.vu/

What does the CIS /MRC stand for?

Thanks, by the way.

Old September 14th 04, 05:51 AM
Honus

"dxAce" wrote in message

Honus wrote:

I'm picking it up pretty good here in Seattle at 0340. They're giving

ID's
left and right, but I can't find anything in my Passport about them.

There
isn't much on the web; I wonder if I'm spelling it properly? Does anyone
know anything about them? It sounds like a news program, BTW. I'm unsure
about the language, although it sure sounds like Russian.

Radio Liberty. They call themselves Radio Svoboda in Russian, svoboda

means
either 'liberty' or 'peace'... I can't recall.

Thanks to you and Telamon for your help. I see that my Passport lists
RFE-RL, so it was under my nose all the time. It was in Russian and between
0300 and 0400 as Passport says they should have been, and they ID'd as Radio
Sloboda or Svoboda. So, now...would you guys consider this to be
"identified" or just "presumed"?

Old September 14th 04, 07:23 AM
Telamon

In article YMu1d.7770$iS2.2782@trnddc09,
"Honus" wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Honus wrote:

[...]

I don't understand Russian and although I listened for 45 minutes never
heard a clear ID other than the "Radio Svoboda" the meaning of which I
did not understand at the time.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old September 14th 04, 07:37 AM
Telamon

In article KBu1d.7769$iS2.6090@trnddc09,
"Honus" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

R is for Russian

11725 0300-0500 USA Radio Liberty R CIS /MRC

That's EIBI

http://www.eibi.de.vu/

What does the CIS /MRC stand for?

Thanks, by the way.

kHz Time(UTC) Days ITU Station Lang. Target Remarks
11725 0300-0500 USA Radio Liberty R CIS /MRC

Target
CIS - Commonwealth of Independent States (Former Soviet Union)

Remarks (My guess, transmitter location)
MRC: VoA/RL/RFE:Briech 35N34-05W58
RTM:Briech except n-Nador 35N03-02W55

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old September 14th 04, 10:03 AM
dxAce

Honus wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Honus wrote:

[...]

I'd say you ID'd it pretty well.

dxAce

Old September 14th 04, 03:55 PM
m II

Telamon wrote:

kHz Time(UTC) Days ITU Station Lang. Target Remarks
11725 0300-0500 USA Radio Liberty R CIS /MRC

Target
CIS - Commonwealth of Independent States (Former Soviet Union)

Putin just changed that. The head guy in each state will now AGAIN be
appointed by Moscow and not by ballot box.

Former heads of The Secret Police tend to remain complete pricks.

mike
Old September 15th 04, 01:56 AM
Honus

"dxAce" wrote in message

Honus wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Honus wrote:

[...]

Actually, I do too. g I'm just trying to get a feel for what counts and
what doesn't with the veteran hobbyists. A list logger I will not be.