Old September 13th 04, 11:56 PM
Radioman390

Default Please speak clearly into the plant....

AP Headlines Lottery Traffic Audio Newspaper News 12 AP Video

Japan Gadget Turns Plants Into Speakers
Mon Sep 13, 1:44 PM

TOKYO - The therapeutic power of flowers takes on new meaning with a Japanese
gadget that turns plants into audio speakers, making the petals and leaves
tremble with good vibrations.

Called Ka-on, which means "flower sound" in Japanese, the machine consists of a
donut-shaped magnet and coil at the base of a vase that hooks up to a CD
player, stereo or TV.

Place the flowers into the vase, turn on Ka-on and the magnet and coil relay
the sound vibrations up the stems through the plant's water tubes.

Near your ear and hear the music emanate from the petals. Touch a leaf, and
feel it shake as though in a quiet dance.

Later this month, you'll be able to carry on a telephone conversation with a
flower with a planned speaker phone model.

Unlike regular speakers, which send sound in one direction, Ka-on shoots it in
all directions, filling an entire room with music in a more natural ambiance.

Masumi Gotoh, president of Let's Corp., a Nagoya-based
telecommuncations-equipment company that developed and manufactures Ka-on,
calls it ideal for flower table-arrangements at weddings, reception desks at
hospitals and decoration at restaurants.

Ka-on vases and amplifiers come in various sizes, ranging in price from $46 to
$460. There's a version that works with potted plants, and a wireless
connection will soon be available for piping music to the Ka-on.

Not only does Ka-on deliver flowery music, it keeps bugs off plants and helps
cut flowers last longer, Gotoh claims.

"The plant is happy listening to music," says Gotoh, showing off a rubber plant
hooked up to Ka-on in his Tokyo office. "Gerberas and sunflowers work
especially well as speakers."

Ka-on is also being used for concerts. Several Ka-on were planted near a bamboo
grove to play music at a recent event in Japan.

About 3,000 of $46 Ka-on version, on sale via the Internet since July, have
been sold and some 10,000 orders have been received so far.

---

On the Net:

Let's Corp.: http://www.lets-co.co.jp/english/index.htm

Old September 13th 04, 11:59 PM
dxAce

Radioman390 wrote:

[...]

Save your money, and get some meds.

dxAce

Old September 14th 04, 01:23 AM
m II

dxAce wrote:

On the Net:

Let's Corp.: http://www.lets-co.co.jp/english/index.htm

Save your money, and get some meds.

Why not tell him YOUR preferences? Unlike you, he may even take them
without being forced to by a court order.

Remember when you claimed to be able to *feel* Beethoven's Ninth in the
Rutabaga leaves growing behind your shed? You may have been well ahead
of your time!

mike
Old September 14th 04, 02:50 AM
Timoleon

Radioman390 wrote:

| AP Headlines Lottery Traffic Audio Newspaper News 12 AP Video
|

| Japan Gadget Turns Plants Into Speakers
| Mon Sep 13, 1:44 PM
|

| TOKYO - The therapeutic power of flowers takes on new meaning with a
Japanese
| gadget that turns plants into audio speakers, making the petals and leaves
| tremble with good vibrations.
|
| Called Ka-on, which means "flower sound" in Japanese, the machine
consists of a
| donut-shaped magnet and coil at the base of a vase that hooks up to a CD
| player, stereo or TV.
|
| Place the flowers into the vase, turn on Ka-on and the magnet and coil
relay
| the sound vibrations up the stems through the plant's water tubes.
|
| Near your ear and hear the music emanate from the petals. Touch a
leaf, and
| feel it shake as though in a quiet dance.
|
| Later this month, you'll be able to carry on a telephone conversation
with a
| flower with a planned speaker phone model.
|
| Unlike regular speakers, which send sound in one direction, Ka-on
shoots it in
| all directions, filling an entire room with music in a more natural
ambiance.

| Masumi Gotoh, president of Let's Corp., a Nagoya-based
| telecommuncations-equipment company that developed and manufactures Ka-on,
| calls it ideal for flower table-arrangements at weddings, reception
desks at
| hospitals and decoration at restaurants.
|
| Ka-on vases and amplifiers come in various sizes, ranging in price
from $46 to
| $460. There's a version that works with potted plants, and a wireless
| connection will soon be available for piping music to the Ka-on.
|
| Not only does Ka-on deliver flowery music, it keeps bugs off plants
and helps
| cut flowers last longer, Gotoh claims.
|
| "The plant is happy listening to music," says Gotoh, showing off a
rubber plant
| hooked up to Ka-on in his Tokyo office. "Gerberas and sunflowers work
| especially well as speakers."
|
| Ka-on is also being used for concerts. Several Ka-on were planted near
a bamboo
| grove to play music at a recent event in Japan.
|
| About 3,000 of $46 Ka-on version, on sale via the Internet since July,
have
| been sold and some 10,000 orders have been received so far.
|
| ---
|
| On the Net:
|
| Let's Corp.: http://www.lets-co.co.jp/english/index.htm

Little Shop of Horrors...
Old September 14th 04, 03:09 AM
Kameron Spesial

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:59:54 -0400, dxAce wrote:

Radioman390 wrote:

AP Headlines Lottery Traffic Audio Newspaper News 12 AP Video

Save your money, and get some meds.

dxAce

You gonna vote for Kerry/Edwards dx? Thanks to trial lawyers you're
able to live pretty well. Guess that's a feather in their hat - huh?

Old September 14th 04, 09:21 AM
dxAce

Radioman390 wrote:

AP Headlines Lottery Traffic Audio Newspaper News 12 AP Video

Save your money, and get some meds.

dxAce

You gonna vote for Kerry/Edwards dx? Thanks to trial lawyers you're
able to live pretty well. Guess that's a feather in their hat - huh?

Nope, voting Bush/Cheney. I've never used a trial lawyer in my life.

Sounds like you'd better keep taking those meds yourself.

dxAce

Old September 14th 04, 12:34 PM
Steve

Ka-on, you're pulling my leg.

-Steve

Old September 14th 04, 05:14 PM
Pretzelbender

"Radioman390" wrote in message

AP Headlines Lottery Traffic Audio Newspaper News 12 AP Video
Japan Gadget Turns Plants Into Speakers
Mon Sep 13, 1:44 PM

TOKYO - The therapeutic power of flowers takes on new meaning with a

Japanese
gadget that turns plants into audio speakers, making the petals and

leaves
tremble with good vibrations.

.....yet another KOOK GOOFY invention from the land that
gave us Yaesu, Toyota, kinky videos of 16 yo schoolgirls
****ting on surfboards, short Subaru and Minolta businessmen
in dark suits and Pearl Harbor.

Japan is not a country, it is a state of mind, contaminated
from eating polymers in plastic packaged foods and
mercury from tainted tuna. Almost as nutty as the ancient
Romans with their leadded-pipe indoor domestic plumbing
of 2000 Years ago.

GEO SPEAK ARCHIVE Steveo CB 0 December 19th 04 08:00 PM
Geo Speak Archive Steveo CB 2 December 18th 04 05:47 PM
i should speak too loudly into the mic to get more output power! chafik CN8JV Equipment 18 April 24th 04 11:12 AM
i should speak too loudly into the mic to get more output power! chafik CN8JV Equipment 0 April 22nd 04 11:42 AM
Hey tra1n, speak boy, speak! Auctions croak here CB 0 September 20th 03 05:50 PM