Old September 14th 04, 02:33 PM
Joe C

Default Freqs for weather fax, SSTV and RTTY?

I just hooked up my R75 to my computer using Hamscope and JVComm and I
am looking for freqs to receive faxes, SSTV and RTTY. Is there a web
site listing the more popular freqs? I am in NY state. Thanks for your
input.

Joe C.
Old September 14th 04, 09:22 PM
SBM

I know there is still weather charts from Halifax (10.535?). They
alternate with RTTY.
As far as slow scan, try 14.230 USB and 14.233 USB (mostly digital
slow scan-search for DIGTRX program) . Also 7173 kHz around 1600Z -
midwest DIGTRX daily. Good luck!!

Old September 15th 04, 01:04 AM
michael agner

Well, let's see; most commercial RTTY is gone; there are a few meteo
stations left, but even those that send in standard RTTY are a dying
breed. SSTV is usually found around 14230 and several other ham bands
and as for FAX, take a look at the NOAA world radiofax schedule:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/marine/rfax.pdf

Except for some rare loggings from Japan and Singapore, most press
photo fax is done on satellite. If you'd like to find out more, join
the Worldwide Utility News at:

http://www.wunclub.com

and follow the 'WUN ListServer' link. There are numerous links and
files there that you will find useful. For popular freqs for monitoring
during this active hurricane season, see:

http://www.ominous-valve.com/hurricne.txt

73s Mike

Old September 15th 04, 02:05 PM
Joe C

Thanks for the info. The huricane stuff is what I was really looking
for!

Joe C.