Old September 15th 04, 01:36 AM

Default Sony SW55 - help request

Hi everyone,

I've just get a second handed almost not used SW55 and I'm enjoying this
beautiful radio! However, I'm a newbie with the receiver and I would like to
ask you experts how you minimize this "problem".

Let's suppose I want to hear a station in 9890kHz (Signal-3 in "SINPO"
scale) ! However at same time, there's a station with stronger signal in the
9895kHz (Signal -5), and when tuning to 9890kHz I can hear those annoying
background noise from 9895kHz higher than the station of the 9890kHz. With
Sony 7600G it was very easy to solve, just turn on the sync detector, and
select LSB. How about in the SW55? How can I minimize this situation?

Other question I would like to ask is about the external antenna. I used a
Sony active antenna model AN-LP1 with my 7600G, is there any problem in
connecting it in the EXT ANT jack of the SW55, since Sony tells the antenna
is indicated to the 7600G and SW100? It's just selecting in the SW55 the
mode to "DX" and plug n play or there's anything more I should do? I'm
afraid to damage my SW55.

Thanks for your attention in advance!

73's

F.S. Sony SW55 BobAR8 Shortwave 3 May 17th 10 05:54 PM
Sony SW55 - SSB problem g8tzl Shortwave 4 September 11th 04 03:22 PM
Sony SW55 is a no-go hogan Shortwave 3 July 11th 04 07:28 PM
Sony SW55 BobAR8 Shortwave 1 July 6th 03 04:27 PM