Old September 17th 04, 09:06 PM
Mike Terry

Default Radio Moscow competition

Win the Prize!
Dear guests!

You may know that Moscow was first in radio history to beam broadcasts for
foreign listeners in 1929. At the time there were few listeners as radio
receivers were in very short supply.

Today our audience is estimated at 100 million in all parts of the world.
Thousands of people take part in our quizzes and contests and hundreds of
lucky ones receive prizes.

Today we are inviting you to answer several questions regarding "The Voice
of Russia" and win a prize! We have at our disposal 75 prizes, including
t-shirts, wall calendars, mouse pads and CD's with recordings of our best
programs.

Today's are not common questions. There will be no correct or incorrect
answers and prize winners will be selected by means of computerized lottery.
We are primarily interested in your opinions, your attitude and your
appraisal of our efforts. And despite the jubilation, we welcome both your
approval and substantiated disapproval of what we do. Aware of your opinions
on our web-site and broadcasts, we will be able to improve our site and
broadcasts and see what subject matter we should focus on and what leaves
our audiences uninterested and get a feel which of new ideas hold most
promise.

Your answers will be accepted until October 29 (inclusive). The results will
be available on our site on November 15 and all prizes will be mailed by
December 1, 2004.

1. Imagine that you need to tell someone about "The Voice of Russia" who
knows nothing about it. What are you going to say?
"The Voice of Russia" is ...

2. How often do you surf on to the site www.vor.ru?

Virtually daily
Once or twice a week
Once or twice a month
Rarely or occasionally
First time today

3. Do you have a specific reason why you want to click on the site of "The
Voice of Russia"?

To receive up-to-date news from Russia
I believe news presentation original and interesting
I enjoy specific programs (please, note which)
I enjoy specific language services (please, note which)
Other reasons (please, specify)
Hard to explain

4. Please, indicate what other web-sites of international broadcasters have
you clicked on at least once

http://bbc.co.uk
http://www.dw-world.de
http://www.rtve.es
http://www.raiinternational.rai.it
http://www.rcinet.ca
http://www.cri.com.cn
http://www.voanews.com
http://www.rfi.fr
http://www.radio.cz
http://www.rferl.org

5. Do you ever listen to "The Voice of Russia" programs?

Virtually daily
Once or twice a week
Once or twice a month
Rarely or occasionally
Hard to explain

6. You listen to "The Voice of Russia" programs: (Please, note those
variants you use)

On short waves
On medium waves
On FM
Via Internet (on-line)
Via Internet (audio archive)
Hard to answer
None of the above

7. To what extent are you satisfied with the "Voice of Russia" programs'
audiotransmission through the Internet?

Completely satisfied
Rather satisfied
Rather not satisfied
Not satisfied at all
Hard to answer

8. At which format do you prefer to listen to the "Voice of Russia"
audiotransmission through the Internet?

Real Audio (online)
Windows Media (online)
Real Audio (via ftp)
Windows Media (via ftp)
Other
Hard to answer

9. Do you have a specific reason why you want to listen to "The Voice of
Russia"?

To receive up-to-date news from Russia
I consider its news presentation original and interesting
I'm keen on DX-ing
I enjoy specific programs (please, indicate which ones)
I enjoy listening to specific presenters (please, name)
I wish to learn more about Russia's culture and the arts
Other reasons (please, indicate)

10. Which descriptions listed below are most relevant to "The Voice of
Russia"?

Vivid
Alien
Competent
It has all I need
Qualified
Popular
Tendentious
Genuine
For prepared listeners
Does not meet my expectations
Vitally important
Monotonous
Superior
Entertaining
Honorable
Necessary
Original
Modern
Too serious
Professional
Dynamic
Substantial
Inspires trust
Too excessive
Self-assured
Respectable
Contradictory
Reserved
Relevant
Inexpressive
Objective
Intimate
Up-to-date
For the general listener

11. Which news on Russia's life do you favor? (several answers are welcome)

Foreign policy
Parliamentary activities
Parties and public organizations activities
Economic reforms
Inter-ethnic relations
Foreigners in Russia
Religion
Science and engineering
Culture and the arts, literature
Education
Public health services and social security
Family values and life of a common person
Life of the young
History
Sports
Other subjects (which)

12. What in your view should be changed by "The Voice of Russia" to better
meet its listeners' interests?

To make broadcasts more vibrant
To launch more live broadcasts
To interview news-makers more frequently
To provide wider cultural coverage
To hold more contests and radio shows
To pay more attention to listeners' mail
To cut political content and expand common life stories
To change nothing
To discontinue dwelling on the latest developments
To provide more music
To present programs in a livelier fashion
To invite listeners to live call-in shows
What else?

13. What in your view should be changed by the web-site of "The Voice of
Russia" to better meet its surfers' interests?

To update information more frequently
To expand foreign languages' sections
To launch new sections (which)
To change the design
To change nothing
To launch contests and quizzes on the site
What else?

14. And in conclusion a few questions about your person
You a

Male
Female

15. Your age bracket

16. Your education

Primary
High school graduate
Specialized vocational training
Higher education - complete or incomplete

17. Your current occupation

School attendance
College-University student
Professor
Worker
Employee (clerk)
Entrepreneur
Farmer
Retired
Home-maker
Unemployed
Other (please, specify)

18. Which is your country of residence?

19. Your e-mail address

20. We will be happy if you should choose to write a message of greetings to
"The Voice of Russia" on the occasion of its 75 anniversary. Your
suggestions and wishes for our presenters, correspondents and editors will
be delivered to them personally and subsequently posted on our site:

21. And if you wish to take part in our computerized prize distribution,
please indicate your full name and postal address (with zip code):

Copyright © 2004 The Voice of Russia

http://www.vor.ru/anketa/75/index_eng.php