Old September 20th 04, 04:39 PM
Al Patrick

Default Communist government promotion ??

This morning I was in eastern NC scanning the SW dial because my
"regular" station did not come in too well about 8:00 a.m.

I flipped to 9650 because I knew Seoul (? sp), S. Korea usually came in
pretty well that time of day. It came in very well, but I soon tired of
it and flipped to a station that seemed to be promoting communism.

They told of Castro and how he prepared his people for Ivan the
hurricane by going on air live about 3 or 4 hours per night for several
nights prior to Ivan's arrival. They boasted of the trucks coming and
hauling off the people with their refrigerators, etc. so no one lost a
life in Cuba (as opposed to several states in the U.S.A.) and not too
much property damage to the occupants' personal property. They didn't
mention the real property - probably because communist countries don't
allow much of it. They probably lived in "government" housing.

They concluded by saying something like "Ivan is no match for Castro"
but those are probably not the exact words.

Then came the announcement: You are listening to NATIONAL PUBLIC RADIO!
(I had pressed the FM button to get the local news.) Isn't it nice
that we spend years defending the world from communism and then our
national public radio system boasts of how wonderful it is?

In case you doubt any of this or wish to have the exact wording you
might need to contact NPR or check their web site.

Old September 20th 04, 05:07 PM
T. Early

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
[...]

Perhaps the report was factually correct, and the Cuban people -were-
appropriately prepared. I'm not sure I see this as "promoting
Communism;" Ivan is a big story, so what's a little fawning over
Castro among friends. IMO, NPR's obvious bias is usually as apparent
in what they -don't- cover as in what they do. I doubt, for example,
that they're all too concerned with the dissidents in Castro's
prisons.

a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
Next Stop ... MARTIAL LAW Vic Canova Shortwave 4 September 9th 04 06:36 AM
Israel - government approves bill proposal legalizing Arutz 7 Mike Terry Shortwave 10 January 5th 04 03:10 AM
One World Government: Its Time Has Arrived Keke Goldfeller Shortwave 4 October 11th 03 06:45 PM