Old September 23rd 04, 01:01 AM
Bob WE1U

Default classic shortwave programs

I am looking for oldtime SHORTWAVE radio programs... I cut my teeth on
SWL during the propaganda heyday of the late 70s and early 80s.. I
miss Radio Moscow, and some of the other stations missing from today's
airwaves.. anybody have any ideas where to look for gems from the 60s,
70s, and 80s?? I have DSL, so bandwidth is not a problem, and am
pretty newsgroup fluent.. anybody have a juicy web site they can hare
with me? Also, and suggestions of stations I might enjoy from before
my time would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks , Good DXing, and VY 73 de Bob WE1U

Old September 23rd 04, 02:18 AM
DesignGuy

"Bob WE1U" wrote in message
I am looking for oldtime SHORTWAVE radio programs... I cut my teeth on
SWL during the propaganda heyday of the late 70s and early 80s.. I
miss Radio Moscow, and some of the other stations missing from today's
airwaves.. anybody have any ideas where to look for gems from the 60s,
70s, and 80s?? I have DSL, so bandwidth is not a problem, and am
pretty newsgroup fluent.. anybody have a juicy web site they can hare
with me? Also, and suggestions of stations I might enjoy from before
my time would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks , Good DXing, and VY 73 de Bob WE1U

http://www.intervalsignals.net/ has hundreds of interval signals and station
ID's, and some are "vintage" from the years you describe. But not entire
programs however.

Old September 23rd 04, 04:55 AM
Telamon

In article ,
Bob WE1U wrote:

I am looking for oldtime SHORTWAVE radio programs... I cut my teeth on
SWL during the propaganda heyday of the late 70s and early 80s.. I
miss Radio Moscow, and some of the other stations missing from today's
airwaves.. anybody have any ideas where to look for gems from the 60s,
70s, and 80s?? I have DSL, so bandwidth is not a problem, and am
pretty newsgroup fluent.. anybody have a juicy web site they can hare
with me? Also, and suggestions of stations I might enjoy from before
my time would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks , Good DXing, and VY 73 de Bob WE1U

Well there is still North Korea and Havana Cuba if you want that old
style communist propaganda.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old September 23rd 04, 05:05 AM
Tony Meloche

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
Bob WE1U wrote:

I am looking for oldtime SHORTWAVE radio programs... I cut my teeth on
SWL during the propaganda heyday of the late 70s and early 80s.. I
miss Radio Moscow, and some of the other stations missing from today's
airwaves.. anybody have any ideas where to look for gems from the 60s,
70s, and 80s?? I have DSL, so bandwidth is not a problem, and am
pretty newsgroup fluent.. anybody have a juicy web site they can hare
with me? Also, and suggestions of stations I might enjoy from before
my time would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks , Good DXing, and VY 73 de Bob WE1U

Well there is still North Korea and Havana Cuba if you want that old
style communist propaganda.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

And Radio Albania still *is* broadcasting from the 1960's - I swear!

Tony
Old September 23rd 04, 11:54 PM
Michael

"Bob WE1U" wrote in message
I am looking for oldtime SHORTWAVE radio programs... I cut my teeth on
SWL during the propaganda heyday of the late 70s and early 80s.. I
miss Radio Moscow, and some of the other stations missing from today's
airwaves.. anybody have any ideas where to look for gems from the 60s,
70s, and 80s?? I have DSL, so bandwidth is not a problem, and am
pretty newsgroup fluent.. anybody have a juicy web site they can hare
with me? Also, and suggestions of stations I might enjoy from before
my time would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks , Good DXing, and VY 73 de Bob WE1U
\

I know what you mean. I really miss the entertainment value of the classic
Soviet cold war era shortwave programming. After I got my first shortwave
radio as a Christmas gift back in 1978 when I was 12 y/o, one of the first
things I found was Radio Moscow. I remember that I found it to be
enormously entertaining. For heavy propaganda, there is still Cuba, North
Korea and Iran to listen to. Though, I haven't heard Iran in English in
some time. Still... no way do they come close to Radio Moscow as it was in
its former grandeur and glory. For supreme entertainment value, these days
the domestic "kooks" are the way to go.

Michael

Old September 24th 04, 05:58 PM
elg110254

Bob WE1U, although it isn't shortwave, you might find Norm Davis' KSAN site a
trip back in time to the when f.m. radio was free form & progressive, rather
than regurgitative & repetitive as most Clear Cut formats are nowadaze. Norm's
gathered quite an extensive audio archive, & those legendary KSAN Live Shows
still sound inspiring several decades removed. Too bad their fidelity can't be
improved, due to copyright infringement issues. http://www.jive95.com/

Best shortwave political programs? Smokey Shortwave 15 September 10th 04 05:06 PM
Grundig Yacht Boy 80 and 400 Viktar Siarheichyk Shortwave 5 December 31st 03 02:31 AM
I wonder... mike Shortwave 8 September 5th 03 04:38 AM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? Joe S. Shortwave 2 July 18th 03 04:50 AM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? Dxing Since 1957 Shortwave 0 July 4th 03 05:37 PM