Old September 26th 04, 10:58 AM
dxAce

Default WRMI and Hurricane Jeanne

** U S A. WRMI and Hurricane Jeanne
--- To all interested parties:

It is just before 2200 UT Saturday.
WRMI has been off the air as a
precautionary measure since earlier
today, and we have just decided to
remain
off the air tonight. The latest
information from the National
Hurricane Center
indicates that while the eye of Jeanne
is well north of us, strong tropical
storm force winds of about 60 miles
per hour could get as far south as the
northern part of Miami-Dade County
this evening and early tomorrow
morning. Our
transmitter site is located in extreme
northern Miami-Dade County near the
Broward County line, so it really behooves us to remain off the air
tonight for
the safety of the equipment and personnel.

We will re-evaluate sometime tomorrow morning, but my best guess at
this point
is that if the wind and rains do no serious damage tonight and
tomorrow
morning, we will try to return to air at 2000 UT Sunday.

We will obviously miss the broadcast of DX Party Line tonight, but if
we are
back on tomorrow night we will air DXPL at 0330 UT (Monday) on 6870
kHz.

Incidentally, our friends at WYFR in Okeechobee have been off the air
since
early today, and it looks like they are right in the area of direct
impact from
the hurricane (for the second time this month).
(Jeff White, WRMI, DX LISTENING DIGEST, dxld yahoo group)

dxAce