Old September 27th 04, 11:52 PM
dxAce

Default WYFR Situation

** U S A. I just got a call from
Evelyn Marcy, Dan Elyea's secretary at
WYFR in
Okeechobee. She said that Dan wanted
me to let the Board know that there
has
been extensive damage at the
transmitter site from Hurricane
Jeanne. All power
is out. Power poles are broken in half
across Route 98, reducing it to one
lane. When Hurricane Frances hit three
weeks ago, part of the roof of the
transmitter building was torn off, and
this time even more was torn off. They
have not been able to do an assessment
of damage to the transmitters and
antenna field yet, but the towers are
still standing. (They have 14
transmitters at this site.) There are rumors that it will take at
least three
weeks to restore power in the area, so WYFR is probably going to be
off the air
for some time. I will let you know if I get any updates (Jeff White,
NASB, Sept
27, via DX LISTENING DIGEST yahoo group)

dxAce
Michigan

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm