Old September 28th 04, 10:39 PM
Brian Kals

Default US shortwave transmitters

Hello.

Im looking for a list of US shortwave transmitters, 2000-30000KHz
It would be very helpfull if the list also shows the transmitter site and
time of operation
Can anyone help?

Secound question, are there any shortwave transmitters in or near Iowa?

Thanks

Regards
Brian

Old September 29th 04, 03:59 AM
Jack Painter

"Brian Kals" wrote
Hello.

Im looking for a list of US shortwave transmitters, 2000-30000KHz
It would be very helpfull if the list also shows the transmitter site and
time of operation
Can anyone help?

Secound question, are there any shortwave transmitters in or near Iowa?

Thanks

Regards
Brian

Hi Brian! Sorry, Iowa just has one radio, it's upstairs in the old volunteer
fire station outside of Dubuque. They only dust it off once and awhile
during tornados.

I realize you are on topic for this list, sort of a rarity, but did you
consider doing anything for yourself first? 16,200 hits from a google search
for "US Shortwave Transmitters"

Geez, I miss the funny politico already.

Jack

Old September 29th 04, 10:49 PM
Brian Kals

"Jack Painter" wrote in message

Hi Jack

I realize you are on topic for this list, sort of a rarity, but did you
consider doing anything for yourself first? 16,200 hits from a google

search
for "US Shortwave Transmitters"

Yes i did do alot of search on google, but didnt find a list like asked for,
thats why i gave it a try here.
I myselfe hate questions that take 1sec to find on google :-)

Regards
Brian

Old September 29th 04, 10:57 PM
dxAce

Brian Kals wrote:

"Jack Painter" wrote in message

Hi Jack

I realize you are on topic for this list, sort of a rarity, but did you
consider doing anything for yourself first? 16,200 hits from a google

search
for "US Shortwave Transmitters"

Yes i did do alot of search on google, but didnt find a list like asked for,
thats why i gave it a try here.
I myselfe hate questions that take 1sec to find on google :-)

You might take the time to cycle through
http://www.susi-und-strolch.de/eibi/bc-a04.txt
and check for items starting with USA, then checking the transmitter sites.

dxAce

Old September 29th 04, 11:03 PM
Brian Kals

"dxAce" wrote in message

You might take the time to cycle through
http://www.susi-und-strolch.de/eibi/bc-a04.txt
and check for items starting with USA, then checking the transmitter

sites.

dxAce

Thank you very much.

Regards
Brian

Old September 29th 04, 11:08 PM
dxAce

Brian Kals wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

You might take the time to cycle through
http://www.susi-und-strolch.de/eibi/bc-a04.txt
and check for items starting with USA, then checking the transmitter

sites.

dxAce

Thank you very much.

You're quite welcome

Regards
Brian

Old September 29th 04, 10:24 PM
Bob Sillett

The FCC has a wealth of information about American shortwave broadcasters.

http://www.fcc.gov/ib/sand/neg/hf_web/seasons.html

Check out the "Station Info" link on the left-hand side of the page as well
as the Available Schedules at the bottom of the page.

Bob

Old September 29th 04, 07:21 PM
Mark Zenier

In article ,
Brian Kals wrote:
Hello.

Im looking for a list of US shortwave transmitters, 2000-30000KHz
It would be very helpfull if the list also shows the transmitter site and
time of operation
Can anyone help?

Try poking around www.fcc.gov.

There's an FCC database that's HUGE. (It won't include military stuff,
though). They may have it available in pieces by what section of the
regulations the station is operating under. I've downloaded some Amateur
radio license lists years ago. (Pretty cryptic stuff in the raw, out
of some 1960's vintage Data Processing mainframe).

I've also kicked around with their web site that lists every television
station in the country, including latitude and longitude, power, and
station address).

Secound question, are there any shortwave transmitters in or near Iowa?

Don't the Seventh Day Adventists have a station in Indiana?

Mark Zenier Washington State resident

Old September 30th 04, 06:02 PM
Brian Kals

Thanks everyone for your help, i think i got what i need now.

Thanks again.

Regards
Brian in Denmark.

Old September 30th 04, 07:27 PM
Frank Dresser

"Mark Zenier" wrote in message

Don't the Seventh Day Adventists have a station in Indiana?

WHRI is in Nobelsville, Indiana. I have the impression that WHRI and WHRA
are brokered evangalical stations. Adventist World Radio buys alot of time
on brokered stations, and it wouldn't surprise me if AWR buys time on WHRI,
but I don't follow AWR, so I'm not sure.

Frank Dresser

Ireland, Denmark and Norway leaving shortwave Mike Terry Shortwave 3 January 2nd 04 10:59 PM
I wonder... mike Shortwave 8 September 5th 03 04:38 AM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? Joe S. Shortwave 2 July 18th 03 04:50 AM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? Dxing Since 1957 Shortwave 0 July 4th 03 05:37 PM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? LLOYD DAVIES N0VFP General 0 July 4th 03 04:21 PM