Old October 1st 04, 10:22 AM
R.H.

Default Tool ID needed

I'm trying to ID an unusual tool that might be used with radios, it's number
140 on this site:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Thanks,
Rob

Old October 1st 04, 12:01 PM
Sanjaya

my memory is going... but for some reason I'm thinking
"spark tester"
used long ago for automotive and/or lawnmower engines.
not even sure why I'm thinking that... maybe my post
will jog some memories

Old October 1st 04, 02:36 PM
R.H.

"Ali Mony" wrote in message
Looks like a flycutter to me , albeit an early one, like an adjustable

hole
saw.

Number 136 is a hole cutter, is that the one you mean? That tool that I'm
asking about in this thread is number 140, second one from the bottom.

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Old October 2nd 04, 05:45 AM

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 13:36:18 GMT, "R.H." wrote:

"Ali Mony" wrote in message
Looks like a flycutter to me , albeit an early one, like an adjustable

hole
saw.

Number 136 is a hole cutter, is that the one you mean? That tool that I'm
asking about in this thread is number 140, second one from the bottom.

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

It looks more like a dieholder, like plumbers use for cutting
pipe threads on pipe. Not sure what the two tabs would be for.

Old October 2nd 04, 08:20 PM
CW

Appears to be an adjustable spark gap. The two metal fins, one connected to
each horizontally opposed points, are the inputs. The third point would be
connected to ground.

Old October 2nd 04, 09:25 PM
Michael

"CW" no adddress@spam free.com wrote in message
Appears to be an adjustable spark gap. The two metal fins, one connected
each horizontally opposed points, are the inputs. The third point would be
connected to ground.

That seems to be most likely. Given that is has a wooden post, it is
almost a sure bet that it is used in an electronic capacity. There is no
way that it is any kind of a die holder or thread cutter.

Michael

Old October 2nd 04, 09:34 PM
dxAce

Michael wrote:

"CW" no adddress@spam free.com wrote in message
Appears to be an adjustable spark gap. The two metal fins, one connected
each horizontally opposed points, are the inputs. The third point would be
connected to ground.

That seems to be most likely. Given that is has a wooden post, it is
almost a sure bet that it is used in an electronic capacity. There is no
way that it is any kind of a die holder or thread cutter.

What the heck does this have to do with politics? If you guys are interested in
Tool Time, might I suggest you watch Home Improvement.

dxAce
Michigan

Old October 2nd 04, 10:39 PM
R.H.

"CW" no adddress@spam free.com wrote in message
Appears to be an adjustable spark gap. The two metal fins, one connected

each horizontally opposed points, are the inputs. The third point would be
connected to ground.

Yes, I think that it's a spark tester for small engines but then someone
questioned this and said they thought it was used with radios. Do you think
it's for radios, small engines, or both?

Rob