Old October 2nd 04, 07:25 PM
Brian Hill

Default PCR-1000 turned into a Desktop radio.

Heres something diferant.

http://www.cqdx.it/woodbox/wbr-home.html

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

Old October 3rd 04, 12:18 AM
Terry

"Brian Hill" wrote in message ...
Heres something diferant.

http://www.cqdx.it/woodbox/wbr-home.html

I am intrigued by his idea, but realy wonder about
heat issues. I have a PCR1000, with the DSP option and
it runs too warm for comfort. In fact, I had to add a
small cooling fan when doing some weak signal UHF work.
The radio would drift serveral hundred Hz. I don't know
if the drift was in the PLL/LO chain, or the BFO chain.
Trapping all the heat in a wooden box might be a "real
bad idea".
Terry
Old October 3rd 04, 04:05 AM
Jim Hackett

My PCR-1000 gets warm but not "hot". I admit it is seldom on for over an
hour at a time though. The top of my AMD 1400Mhz computer gets MUCH hotter.
I could thaw out hamburgers on it...

"Terry" wrote in message
m...