Old October 3rd 04, 03:39 PM
Keyboard In The Wilderness

Default Radio Puzzler No.3

Kinda Radio RF anyway

What happened to TV Channel one ??

--
Keyboard In The Wilderness

Old October 3rd 04, 03:45 PM
dxAce

Keyboard In The Wilderness wrote:

Kinda Radio RF anyway

What happened to TV Channel one ??

Don't think it was ever assigned simply based upon the fact that it was #1 as I
recall.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 3rd 04, 03:50 PM
Keyboard In The Wilderness

Not true it was assigned but never used -- answer later -- lets see who
knows ??

--
Keyboard to you

Old October 3rd 04, 03:59 PM
DesignGuy

"Keyboard In The Wilderness" wrote in message
Not true it was assigned but never used -- answer later -- lets see who
knows ??

Wasn't it used as a police frequency?

Old October 3rd 04, 04:09 PM
Keyboard In The Wilderness

TV Channel one quiz
Nope that was not the reason -- police frequency

--
Keyboard to you

Old October 3rd 04, 05:55 PM
Radioman390

OK, it was 48 to 54 MHz, and 50-54 was given to hams as 6 meter band.

Now my thinking gets hazy, but wasn't the OLD FM band 42-48 MHz? If it was,
then the FCC (or was it FRC in those days?) couldn't put any FM stations too
close to TV-1, the same way that today, 88.1 88.3 and 88.5 (and of course
87.9) are not grantable if there's a Channel 6 nearby (82-88 MHz).
Old October 3rd 04, 06:00 PM
Brian Hill

"Radioman390" wrote in message
OK, it was 48 to 54 MHz, and 50-54 was given to hams as 6 meter band.

Now my thinking gets hazy, but wasn't the OLD FM band 42-48 MHz? If it

was,
then the FCC (or was it FRC in those days?) couldn't put any FM stations

too
close to TV-1, the same way that today, 88.1 88.3 and 88.5 (and of course
87.9) are not grantable if there's a Channel 6 nearby (82-88 MHz).

You may have something there. I think I remember reading something like
that?

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

Old October 4th 04, 02:12 AM
Terry

"Keyboard In The Wilderness" wrote in message news:raU7d.41223$aW5.23615@fed1read07...
Kinda Radio RF anyway

What happened to TV Channel one ??

The original TV band plan did in fact list CH1 from 48~54MHz,
but, becaue of two reasons, 1 the FM BCB band was already in place, and
2) becaue of likely in band interfernece it was dropped.
I think the NTSC group meetings are archived at Columbia University,
and it is spelled out in boring detail.
Terry
Old October 4th 04, 03:26 PM
Brian Running

What happened to TV Channel one ??

I remember hearing an old story about how there was a channel 1 at one time,
but the frequency interfered with human brain function, and every time there
was a channel 1 broadcast it caused all the people within a certain radius
of the transmitter to get up and flush their toilets at once, or something
ridiculous like that.

I win, right?

Old October 4th 04, 05:33 PM
clifto

http://www.tech-notes.tv/History&Trivia/Channel%20One/Channel_1.htm
http://members.aol.com/jeff560/tvch1.html

--
"One month from today, the American dream is on the ballot." -- John Kerry, 10/2

So is the American Nightmare, Jack-F... the thought of you in the White House.
Please go back to Communist Viet Nam where you're appreciated.