Old October 6th 04, 06:01 PM
4nradio

Default Malaysia, 1475 kHz Logging

1475 MALAYSIA RTM Kota Kinabalu, Oct 6 1357 - Very pleased to find RTM with
audio, as yesterday they were just a het. Female announcer in unid. language
(Tagalog listed in Pacific-Asian Log) at tune-in, then contemporary
Middle-Eastern music at 1358. Poor-fair signal initially, but peaked at good
level between 1406 and 1407, finally fading into noise and splatter by 1410.
The programming continued with uninterrupted Middle-Eastern music and
vocals. At 1405 UTC I found 1475 parallel to 4895 on 60 meters, which
carries RTM's Green Network programming. If Kota Kinabalu was parallel 4895
at my 1457 tune-in, then the female announcer would be Iban (usual language
heard on the Green Network). A short recording of RTM on 1475 can be heard
he http://www.guyatkins.com/files/RTM_1475.mp3. (Atkins-WA)

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA USA
Modified RA6790GM & R75
Kiwa MAP / ERGO / DSP-59+
450 & 700 ft. Beverage Antennas

Old October 7th 04, 04:09 AM
JuLiE Dxer

very interesting stuff....

What are you using to RX this ??

jumpa lagi, MsJuLiE

Old October 7th 04, 05:48 AM
JuLiE Dxer

I guess I should rather ask how high are your beverages/their
orientations. I'll give a listen to some of the MW freqs you've listed
and see if my ft847 will allow me to detect the weaker signals along
side the adjacent stronger ones.

MsJ

Old October 7th 04, 07:45 PM
4nradio

Hi JuLiE,

My 450 ft. Beverage is oriented west (270 degrees from my location) and the
700 footer is northwest at about 310 degrees. They are remotely switched via
a relay to use a single coaxial feedline (double-shielded Belden) and a 9:1
matching tranformer. I have more than 200 feet of feedline going out to a
greenbelt area, hence the relay to avoid an extra length of long coax.

Neither Beverage is terminated, so I can catch some DX off the back side. My
next project are antennas to better hear in the SW-NE directions. I
considering another short (400 ft.) Beverage or a pair of flag or EWE
antennas.

73,

Guy

List Logging dxAce Shortwave 9 September 24th 04 09:05 PM
Computer Logging Program Charlie B. Shortwave 4 July 4th 04 12:17 PM
Announcement: WRLog Shortwave/AM BCB Logging Software v1.20 Released Paraclete InfoSys Shortwave 0 April 7th 04 01:16 AM
QSO logging program that does ADIF Kirk Mohror Dx 10 March 18th 04 02:40 PM
QSO logging program that does ADIF Kirk Mohror Dx 0 March 13th 04 06:00 AM