Old October 15th 04, 12:08 PM
RHF

= = = "Burr" wrote in message
= = = news:YZwbd.304$n57.260@trnddc01...

I am thinking about a radio for my wife and I would like to
hear from people who have used the Grundig YB550PE as to Batt.
life and stuff. I am comparing it to the YB400PE. My Yb400 has
run for every all over the world and is on my desk now.

BURR,

If you are thinking of the Grundig Yacht Boy 550 PE.

The consider the Tecsun PL-230 available on eBay.

READ: Compare Grundig YB 400PE and Grundig YB 550PE (Tecsun PL-230)

hth ~ RHF
..
Old October 15th 04, 04:18 PM
bpnjensen

"Burr" wrote in message news:hUxbd.719$l55.310@trnddc09...
Hi Dan,
How's NY?

She uses my YB400 right now and seems to enjoy listening to her home
stuff (Philippines) even if there is not much to it.
It's like me listening to VOA when I am overseas. They talk to slow and
only broadcast what "they" want to be heard. I use to listen to Radio Moscow
just to get the true USA local news.

Oh, yeah! I just heard VOR the other night telling the folks here in
San Lorenzo, CA about Aunt May's upcoming bake sale to help finance
the new music equipment at the middle school - with coverage like that
(and baked goods from those great Russian chefs) we'll have several
good symphonies here in no time. I hear Misty Rostropovich is
personally going to come and train the kids in viola and conducting
;-)

Bruce Jensen
************

--
Burr
Grundigs, FR200, YB400, Int.650 & Sat.800

"Diverd4777" wrote in message

Color and Style are important factors;
How does she use radios now?
Why did she pick the one she uses ;
I've heard of some women going weak in the knees at the sight of a Grundig
Porsch YB 2000

Technical schmecnical; does it match her shoes
:-)

Dan / NYC

In article YZwbd.304$n57.260@trnddc01, "Burr"

Subject: Lets compare Radios
From: "Burr"
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:32:08 GMT

I am thinking about a radio for my wife and I would like to hear from
people
who have used the Grundig YB550PE as to Batt. life and stuff. I am
comparing
it to the YB400PE. My Yb400 has run for every all over the world and is on
my desk now.

--
Burr
Grundigs, FR200, YB400, Int 650 & 800