Old October 30th 04, 04:11 PM
dxAce

Terry wrote:

dxAce wrote in message ...
Mike Terry wrote:

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hi,

Read about this WRN, world radio network, and being curious
I went to their site. Sure looks interesting, but still
can't figure out exactly what they do.

Hi Robert,

They are a small dynamic organisation I visited a few weeks ago and are
based in south London.

They rebroadcast international shortwave radio programmes from many
countries over satellite and cable.

Uh..... what do satellite and cable have to do with shortwave radio, Mr. Terry?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Rgarding satellites, compared to the wavelengths of the wavelength
of signals between 1MHz and 30MHz, you must be admit that the
wavelengths of C-Band (3500MHz~4700MHz)and Ku band signals~11,000MHz
through ~13,000MHz) are clearly have short wavelengths, which will
makes them real "shortwave". The frequencies I mention for C-band
and KU band are approximate because different global areas have
slightly different bandplans.
And every cable system that I seen uses RF above 30MHz, again showing
the RF in question to be "shortwave".
Unless of course we wish to redefine VHF and above as shorterwave radio.....
BEG (Beg Evil Grin)
Terry

Shouln't that be Big Evil Grin...?

Try again when you wake up.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

It's amazing just how many 'tards are attracted to the DX'ing hobby. It's amazed me
for over 20 + years.