RadioBanter

-   -   6950 AM (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/45902-6950-am.html)

dxAce October 31st 04 11:23 PM

6950 AM

WEAK, Chicago... awesome signal at 2320.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Desmoface October 31st 04 11:33 PM

Yes, about 20 over s9 into Ohio...very nice audio too..

Steve
knwd ts4fity
a bunch of wire in the trees

WEAK, Chicago... awesome signal at 2320.

Howard November 1st 04 12:18 AM

On 31 Oct 2004 23:33:50 GMT, (Desmoface) wrote:

Yes, about 20 over s9 into Ohio...very nice audio too..

Steve
knwd ts4fity
a bunch of wire in the trees

WEAK, Chicago... awesome signal at 2320.

Can barely make out some voice activity, it fades though. Yup,
Southern California is not prime pirate listening turf - however it is
67 outside so I suppose it's not all bad.

Radio Flyer November 1st 04 12:34 AM

Can barely make out some voice activity, it fades though. Yup,
Southern California is not prime pirate listening turf - however it is
67 outside so I suppose it's not all bad.

Kentucky is perfect pirate listening turf and it is 63 outside here :)

DesignGuy November 1st 04 01:57 AM

"dxAce" wrote in message
WEAK, Chicago... awesome signal at 2320.

Heard a station on 6950 ID'ing as "Crystal Ship" playing Doors and Blue
Oyster Cult music between 0015 and 0055 here in KY. Sitting on my front
porch passing out Halloween candy and listening to pirate radio on my
Grundig S350. It doesn't get any better than that..... :)

DesignGuy November 1st 04 02:53 AM

" Radio Flyer" wrote in message
.. .

Can barely make out some voice activity, it fades though. Yup,
Southern California is not prime pirate listening turf - however it is
67 outside so I suppose it's not all bad.

Kentucky is perfect pirate listening turf and it is 63 outside here :)

Where in KY are you? (I'm in Lexington).

Radio Flyer November 1st 04 03:05 AM

Where in KY are you? (I'm in Lexington).

I am about an hour southwest of Louisville. (Breckinridge County) Nice to
see another Kentuckian on here.

starman November 1st 04 04:33 AM

DesignGuy wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
WEAK, Chicago... awesome signal at 2320.

Heard a station on 6950 ID'ing as "Crystal Ship" playing Doors and Blue
Oyster Cult music between 0015 and 0055 here in KY. Sitting on my front
porch passing out Halloween candy and listening to pirate radio on my
Grundig S350. It doesn't get any better than that..... :)

Yes it does. Sitting at your back door watching the sun set on an autumn
evening, listening to St. Helena island playing 'Time to say goodbye'.