Old November 7th 04, 12:34 PM
Frank Dresser

"Paflyguy" wrote in message
Hi-
Is there a newsgroup dedicated to buying/selling/parts/repairing vintage

tv
sets?

Thanks!!

Old TV repair is commonly discussed on rec.antiques.radio+phono.

There's also several TV repair veterans who regularly frequent
sci.electronics.repair.

One of the discussion boards at the Antique Radio Forum is dedicated to
antique television repair:

http://www.antiqueradios.com/cgi-bin/forums/index.cgi

Phil Nelson has restored a few old TVs, and posted the details on his
website:

http://antiqueradio.org/telev.htm

Frank Dresser

Old November 7th 04, 12:34 PM
dxAce

Volker Tonn wrote:

dx'Tard:

You must be a communist.....
As always: You lost.

Sorry, we were the 'victors'... twice, as I recall, 'tard boy.

I rather doubt you'd wish for a third time.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 7th 04, 12:46 PM
Volker Tonn

dx'Tard wrote:

Sorry, we were the 'victors'...

'You' are hardly a 'victor' at all.
You are a loser.

Old November 7th 04, 12:51 PM
dxAce

Volker Tonn wrote:

dx'Tard wrote:

Sorry, we were the 'victors'...

'You' are hardly a 'victor' at all.
You are a loser.

You just keep on dreaming!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 7th 04, 12:55 PM
Volker Tonn

dx'Tard schrieb:

You just keep on dreaming!

.....that you will take bath one day?

Old November 7th 04, 12:56 PM
dxAce

Volker Tonn wrote:

dx'Tard schrieb:

You just keep on dreaming!

....that you will take bath one day?

LMAO @ the 'tard boy!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 7th 04, 12:59 PM
Volker Tonn

dx'Tard wrote:

LMAO...

The usual reaktion of a silly person on everything...

Old November 7th 04, 01:03 PM
dxAce

Volker Tonn wrote:

dx'Tard wrote:

LMAO...

The usual reaktion of a silly person on everything...

Is that like your reaction of telling me to take a bath... 'tard boy?

LMAO @ the dumm Deutschlander

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 7th 04, 04:45 PM
Michael Black

"Tommi Lu" ) writes:
"Paflyguy" wrote in message
Hi-
Is there a newsgroup dedicated to buying/selling/parts/repairing vintage

tv
sets?

Thanks!!

Try rec.antiques.radio+phono or

But keep in mind that it is indeed about vintage equipment (not just
tv sets) so it's not about a twenty year old set. And I sure wouldn't
classify it as a newsgroup for buying and selling; any of that should
be secondary to discussion. And finally, it's not just about repairing.

sci.electronics.repair is of course about the repair of electronic devices.
And while old tv sets may use tubes, much of the basics are the same. The
faq, more like a number of books about repairing various electronic
devices, is at http://www.repairfaq.org

Michael

Old November 7th 04, 06:05 PM
JuLiE Dxer

Why do you guys turn almost everything in here into an argument?
Most of which don't even pertain to the OP's topic nor shortwave
radio!

I've have DXturd on ignore since my first day in here. I caught on to
his game right-away.