Old November 9th 04, 04:24 AM
Michael Lawson

Default On the 10:1 Transformer

Been rereading Joe Carr's Receiving Antenna Handbook,
and I was wondering if anyone has tried Joe's suggestion
(well, Victor Misek's, originally) of using RG-174 in
a Faraday shield version of the step down winding, and
whether there was much of a difference in the result.

Ugh, conditions are nasty tonight. Were it not for
the solar conditions, I'd be checking my setup for
problems.

--Mike L.