Old November 13th 04, 03:55 AM
Ron N8LMT

Default FA -- McKay Dymek DA5 Antenna, Mint, Hi-perfomance AM !

McKay Dymek DA5 Antenna, Mint, Hi-performance AM band pre-amped
directional antenna.....BCB DX !
see it here........... lots of pictures............

no reserve...... 9.99 start price.....

Old November 13th 04, 04:16 PM
Terry

"Ron N8LMT" wrote in message ...
McKay Dymek DA5 Antenna, Mint, Hi-performance AM band pre-amped
directional antenna.....BCB DX !
see it here........... lots of pictures............

no reserve...... 9.99 start price.....

First , let me say I don't know the seller.
But I have a DA5 and for MW BCB DX it is great.
I bought mine used about 20 years ago and paid
$100. And it was a steal. The only thing I dislike,
too strong word realy, is that the internal 120V AC
to +12V supply is a little too noisy. I bypassed
the diodes and used some additional RFI tricks, but
in the end decided to just use my RF quiet +12 main
supply.
I removed the AC cord and mounted a Radio Shack
coaxial female power connector in it's place.
This is a great MW antenna., and even works
in strong RF, like when you use it less then a
mile from a 10KW MW station, locations.
Terry
Old November 14th 04, 03:04 AM
Rob Mills

"Terry" wrote in message
m...

I bought mine used about 20 years ago and paid $100. And it was a

steal.

Got mine about 15 years ago at an estate sale for $15. The wood ends on the
bar looked like a Pit Bull had cut his teeth on it, other than that it works
miracles on my RX320 which is supposed to be deaf on MW. Rob Mills