Old November 17th 04, 09:32 AM
JuLiE Dxer

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:23:49 GMT, "Frank Dresser"
wrote:

Interference aside, BPL would be a slick solution if it's reliable.
However, there hasn't been much evidence that BPL can deliver wide bandwidth
to a significant number of customers over a long period of time.

Now, I have seen just the opposite reported. Speeds lower than
typical, contemporary DSL/Cable with more susceptibility to
intereference. To note, it wont really be able to increase its
throughput once big companies like Verizon have mostly implemented
their FIOS (fiber) service at opening speeds at 5 Mbps downstream,
15Mbps and 30 Mbps downstream options as well. The techonology wont
allow for it to be competitive business-wise. This all works against
the money greedy pigs at the FCC/Power Companies' lies about QRM on
the RF spectrum slated to be used.
Old November 23rd 04, 12:44 AM
tommyknocker

Radio Flyer wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brenda Ann Dyer wrote:

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

" Radio Flyer" wrote in message
.. .

It's true, It will cover the tv bands up to 80 MHZ except for
74.8-75.3

Gee, that's something to think about, isn't it? I mean ABC, CBS, NBC
and
FOX aren't in a big panic about BPL, are they? Why the hell should
SWLs
worry more than the networks?

BPL looks like another Y2K crisis, to me.

TV stations aren't concerned (yet) about BPL because the signal levels
needed to receive snow free television are on the order of 50 times
higher
than those to receive a listenable signal on a good HF receiver (20uV for
HF, and 1000uV for television). In addition, most homes are now wired for
cable, which is much better shielded than your basic HF antenna.

Well of course. Why would one want a HF antenna to be shielded?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

You may want it to be shielded when BPL is nationwide

That may not help. BPL will interfere with SW and TV signals BEFORE they
get to the antenna. I don't think BPL will cause "snow" as we know it,
from all descriptions the interference is a bunch of clicking and
buzzing noises. Try watching TV while the picture is cutting in and out
because of BPL. I think that once BPL is shown to affect TV (as I
believe it will) the networks will be falling all over themselves to
protest.