Old November 16th 04, 10:13 PM
dxAce

Default Pirate 6925

Pirate, apparently Radio First Termer on 6925 usb heard here at 2210.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 16th 04, 11:27 PM
DesignGuy

"dxAce" wrote in message
Pirate, apparently Radio First Termer on 6925 usb heard here at 2210.

Strong signal here in KY. Thanks for the tip.

Old November 18th 04, 07:28 AM
ken chattenton

HI from Ken,
"dxAce" wrote in message
Pirate, apparently Radio First Termer on 6925 usb heard here at 2210.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I have been listening to this station on and off for a week or more now and
I am receiving it about a strength, 3-7 ( poor band conditions most of the
time ).
The woman's voice is always saying the same information, I.e.
"This is Olavera radio. The stations on frequency this evening are"....( she
then goes on to give a list of numbers preceded by the word, "Taxi" I
believe ).
I assume this is what you are listening to..?.
Has anyone one got any more information on this station please, cheers, Ken
G4KIR ( UK ).

Old November 18th 04, 11:15 AM
dxAce

ken chattenton wrote:

HI from Ken,
"dxAce" wrote in message
Pirate, apparently Radio First Termer on 6925 usb heard here at 2210.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I have been listening to this station on and off for a week or more now and
I am receiving it about a strength, 3-7 ( poor band conditions most of the
time ).
The woman's voice is always saying the same information, I.e.
"This is Olavera radio. The stations on frequency this evening are"....( she
then goes on to give a list of numbers preceded by the word, "Taxi" I
believe ).
I assume this is what you are listening to..?.

No, I'm afraid it's not. Apparently what you are listening to is Olympia Radio
from Greece, it's a coastal station which communicates with ships.

I'm not sure of all the frequencies it operates on, but certainly sounds like
what you are hearing.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 20th 04, 05:33 AM
ken chattenton

HI once again,

No, I'm afraid it's not. Apparently what you are listening to is Olympia

Radio
from Greece, it's a coastal station which communicates with ships.

I'm not sure of all the frequencies it operates on, but certainly sounds

like
what you are hearing.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Thanks for the information.

It's just the first time in many years of listening that I have heard this
station.
All the best to all, Ken, G4KIR.

Ironman Radio (Pirate) 6925 KHz DesignGuy Shortwave 1 November 6th 04 10:42 PM
Pirate 6925 dxAce Shortwave 1 October 13th 04 12:12 AM
Pirate 6925 dxAce Shortwave 1 July 5th 04 01:38 AM
Pirate 6925 N8KDV Shortwave 4 May 4th 04 08:15 AM
Pirate on 6925 N8KDV Shortwave 0 December 6th 03 12:45 AM