Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 28th 04, 12:53 PM
Al Patrick

Default Nat'l. Day Prayer & Fasting

I apologize for not getting this out sooner, but some have been
requesting a National Day of Prayer and Fasting and it was set for
TODAY, November 28, 2004. It is ONLY for those who wish to participate
and I am by no means suggesting that anyone participate who doesn't
believe in it or who is afraid it might adversely affect your health!

The notification reads:

=========

NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER AND FASTING

A group of Americans concerned about the decline in America's morality
and politics is calling for a National Day of Prayer and Fasting. This
practice was common among the Israelites of the Old Testament and it was
often declared and used by Great Britain as late as World War II.

If America, a Christian Nation, ever hopes to regain the glory she
achieved at her Independence and at the writing of the Constitution of
the United States, then her People must rededicate the Nation to their God.

"Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all
the inhabitants of the land into the house of Yahweh your God, and cry
unto Yahweh, Alas for the day! For the day of the Lord is at hand, and
as destruction from the Almighty shall it come." -- Joel 1:14,15.

We call upon all Christians who see the handwriting on the wall, who
perceive that the "falling away" prophesied in the Bible (II
Thessalonians 2:3) is happening before our very eyes, and who see that
our Nation is fast losing its Christian heritage to secularism and
materialism, to join us in proclaiming a National Day of Prayer and
Fasting on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, November 28, 2004. Be
prepared to join together that day as a National Act of Repentance
before God.

"If ye have faith as a mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain,
Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be
impossible unto you. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and
fasting." -- Matthew 17:20,21.

Scripture tells us that these things cannot be accomplished without
prayer and fasting, so let us proclaim a fast. After our celebration on
Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 25, 2004, giving thanks for the
liberties and blessings that our Father has provided, let us rededicate
America to the principles of Biblical morality and liberty which made
this country great.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and
pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I
hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
-- II Chronicles 7:14.

Please join us in reviving this tradition of national repentance in Zion.

A PROCLAMATION IN ISRAEL: SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2004, SHALL BE A
NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER AND FASTING UNTO REPENTANCE AND THE RESTORATION
OF THE NATION THROUGH OBEDIENCE TO OUR FATHER.