Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 4th 04, 11:06 PM
David

Default Just got the Degen 1103

I just got the Degen 1103 from China. It took about 10 days for delivery.
First off,
the package had over 10 China stamps on it for my son's stamp collection, so
that was a bonus. My first day impressions are this is a GREAT radio! It
definitely outperforms
past portables I owned including the Grundig YB 400, Radio Shack DX-440, and
Sony SW 100. It's top strength is excellent sensitivity on all bands.
Actually superior sensitivity. I checked for fringe stations for my area and
it digged them out with the whip not used. On FM bands it is superb. I also
got two TV channels on it on the lower FM band. One TV station is 90 miles
away and it gets it. Only my GE SuperRadio III could get that TV channel,
and the Degen does it slightly better. AM band is also just as good. I am
just starting to check the shortwave bands. So this is a great radio thus
far. Though under $100, a radio like this would easily be above $200 five
years ago.

FT: Degen 1103 DeWayne Shortwave 7 December 6th 04 07:21 PM
Degen 1103 EBAY website question David Shortwave 9 November 30th 04 02:00 PM
Which is best? Degen 1102 or 1103?? David Shortwave 6 August 31st 04 01:14 AM
Degen 1103 came today! Diverd4777 Shortwave 6 May 6th 04 08:21 PM
Degen 1103 Specs in English Gleason Sackmann Shortwave 7 April 13th 04 11:09 PM