Old December 8th 04, 06:36 AM
Howard

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 05:58:03 GMT, m II
wrote:

johndobbs wrote:

Thanks! Yeah I just did on some of my previous posts. Wow...it's like I
was never here....

The post cancellations hardly ever work. Most servers ignore the
cancel command. Too many people were sending out forged cancels.

I count seven of your postings preceding this one.

You may well get the message to disappear on your own machine, but it
most likely won't go away from usenet.

mike

I know that what mike says is true from direct experience. I have
tried to cancel his postings and it has not worked.
Old December 8th 04, 07:28 AM
RHF

FWIW:

The first time (within minutes) I tried the "Remove" [DELETE] Option
it did NOT work.

The second time (a ouple of Hours) I tried the "Remove" [DELETE] Option

it did work.

Maybe It Just Takes Time . . .
beta testing, Beta Testing. BETA TESTING ! ~ RHF
..
..

Old December 8th 04, 07:52 AM
RHF

FO&A,

Which of the two 'new' "Screen Views" are you using to look at the
Newsgroup ?

* "View with Message Text" {and Side-Ads}
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...e?start=&gvc=1

* "Viewing Titles Only"
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/.../threads?gvc=2
~ RHF
..
..

Old December 8th 04, 08:06 AM
RHF

FO&A,

About This Group "Rec.Radio.Shortwave"
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...hortwave/about
- Activity Level: High

* Archive = Monthly and Yearly "Message Posting"
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...hortwave/about
- Form: November 1989
- To: "Present" {December 2004}

* Last Month's Top Posters:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...hortwave/about
125
72
34
32
31
30
28
28
27
24

* All Time Top Posters:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...hortwave/about
4788
4479
2863
2636
2435
2375
2248
1973
1807
1782
may you learn something new each day ~ RHF
..
..

Old December 8th 04, 02:27 PM
lsmyer

That is so cool. You can go WAY back and see all the posts over the past 15
years.

Who made the first post? Someone named "Chuq Von Rospach"

Old December 8th 04, 06:20 PM

Michael Black wrote:

And you could do it for some time. Dejanews started in 1996, and

when
google took over their remains, got that archive. Then google was

able
to incorporate some older archives, likely incomplete, going back to
the beginning of Usenet in 1979 or so.

This has nothing to do with the interface that they introduced this
week.

True...I use google quite a bit. I'm not too keen on the new format. I
prefer the
old. Why does someone always feel the need to bugger up something that
works just
fine as is....This new format is a PIA. MK

Old December 8th 04, 07:27 PM

I like many of it's features, but it is way too buggy to run on it's
own. They should have run both systems in parallel. A couple of my
messages showed within minues of posting while others have not yet
shown after 7 hours.

Old December 9th 04, 03:12 AM
m II

johndobbs wrote:

Thanks! Yeah I just did on some of my previous posts. Wow...it's like I
was never here....

The post cancellations hardly ever work. Most servers ignore the
cancel command. Too many people were sending out forged cancels.

I count seven of your postings preceding this one.

You may well get the message to disappear on your own machine, but it
most likely won't go away from usenet.

"Let's try an 'Edit as New' (2004/12/09)

mike
Old December 15th 04, 05:13 PM
RHF

BETA Testing is not going so good.

All my Message/Reply 'posting' do not seem to be appearing for the last
2-3 days.

..
wondering . . . ~ RHF
..