Old December 15th 04, 04:12 PM
Charlie Chan

Default 7600GR Question: Good For Chasing Beacons?

Greetings to the group;

Is the Sony ICF-SW7600GR a good radio for chasing aero beacons?

I originally had the RS DX-440 which had a dedicated BFO, and liked the
way it performed, but the nine station memory was a holdback to BCB
listening.

I then bought the DX-398, and liked the memory capability and BCB
reception, but for chasing beacons, it was a disappointment.

I reverted back to using the DX-440 for beacons, but it's starting to
show it's age.

The 7600GR has caught my eye, but I'd like your collective opinion.

Merry Christmas,

Charlie Chan

Old December 16th 04, 02:54 AM
wbcq

Don't know what your money limitations are, but if you can get
hold of a Grundig Satellite 800 I use that for beacon hunting
and have had better luck with that than any of the dx series.

Old December 16th 04, 03:32 AM
Lee Parshook

On 15 Dec 2004 18:54:10 -0800, wbcq wrote:

Don't know what your money limitations are, but if you can get
hold of a Grundig Satellite 800 I use that for beacon hunting
and have had better luck with that than any of the dx series.

Four kids (16 and under) and one income preclude the 800 for awhile. The
7600 can be had for a decent price right now.

I've gotten as far as Columbia and Venezuela with the 440 from here on the
East Coast , but like I said, it's getting a bit long in the tooth.

Thanks for your reply just the same.

Much Respect,

Charle Chan