Old December 19th 04, 05:05 AM
Jon Lippert

KEN [KC2JDY],

READ - AM/MW DXing = Your Radio + Lazy Susan + Select-A-Tenna
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/1787

As a stand-a-lone Radio for AM Broadcast Program Listening
the GE Superadios are the low cost performance favorate by
many casual AM/MW DXers.
+ Use a Select-A-Tenna and a Lazy Susan with the GE
Superadios and you can do some reasonable AM/MW
DXing for about $100-$150.
+ Plug a Long Wire (Random Wire)Antenna into the 1/8" Jack
on the Select-A-Tenna Model 541-M and you can generally
'improve' the listenable range of your AM/MW DXing both day
and night.

Greetings! I picked up a GE Super Radio II at the local thrift store for $2.
I was shocked to find that it worked. I definetly looks used, but is missing
nothing. I hear lots of stations all around most freqs and can usually pull
them out. I have not tried an external antenna yet, but I think I will put up
a loop. Would 14 ga. wire be better, or 300 ohm? Thanks for your input! Jon.
Old December 19th 04, 07:00 AM

I don't own a GE Superadio.To what do I have to say about frogland,you
ask? Them frogs are a bunch of Cowards,is what I say.
cuhulin

Old December 19th 04, 07:26 AM

I already knew all of that.If I was rich,I would buy meself a
Watkins-Johnson radio or Ten-Tec or Drake R8B radio.I do own some
shortwave radios.One of them is a big Telefunken floor model shortwave
radio with AM/FM and it has a phonograph built in the top of it.I also
own another German shortwave radio.It is a large table model shortwave
radio with AM/FM and to tell y'all the truth,I don't remember if it is a
Grundig or a Blaupunk radio.Why? Because I bought it and some other
radios I own at one of the local Goodwill thrift stores here and that
radio I have it stored in one of my junk rooms here and I have so much
junk (it isn't all junk) stored around that radio and I haven't seen
that radio in years and I have forgotten what the brand name of that
radio is.I also own an old Hallicrafters S-38 EB shortwave table model
radio and I own a Panasonic table model shortwave radio I bought new at
a local store back in the 1980's and I own some other off the wall brand
name shortwave radios too.I have been a collector of old things all my
life.I own a 1914 Ford T model car I bought from a guy in Sioux
Falls,South Dakota in November of 1971,he and his wife were moving to
Minneapolis and they couldn't take the car with them.I paid $1,800.00
for my car.I also own a 1942 Willys World War Two Jeep and I own a 1948
Willys Civilian Jeep.Both Jeeps need a ground up restoration.OK,so I own
some old junk but it isn't all junk,I own many other old things too.
cuhulin

Old December 19th 04, 05:45 PM
Mark Zenier

In article .com,
RHF wrote:
CULULIN,

The what have you to say about the "COUNTRY"
of Manufacture of the new GE Superadio IIIs ?

And REMEMBER the "GE Radio" Band Name is now owned by
a 'French' Company THOMSON {GE} Consumer Electronics.

Also "RCA" Radios are now a THOMSON {RCA} Consumer Electronics
Brand Name. RCA = http://www.rca.com/

Check again, on a recent TV news segment about China, they said
that the Chinese electronics manfacturer TCL (?) bought Thomson
Consumer Electronics a few months ago.

Mark Zenier Washington State resident

Old December 20th 04, 10:32 PM
RHF

MZ,
..
You are right )
..
TCL and Thomson - Good Progress Towards the Creation of TCL-Thomson
Electronics
http://www.thomson.net/EN/Home/Press...REN040129b.htm

- Signature of the Combination Agreement, in presence of the President
of the PRC
- Finalisation of all other necessary definitive agreements in line
with end Q1 initial target
- TCL-Thomson Electronics expected to be fully operational as planned
by July 1, 2004
..
TCL, Thomson alliance to lead global TV production
( 2003-11-04 21:08)
China People's Daily (Xinhua) PRC
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/en/doc/...ent_278455.htm
..
Thomson and TCL plan merger
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/en/doc/...ent_277945.htm
The Chinese group will own 67 per cent of the venture, to be called
TCL-Thomson, with the remainder held by the French group.
..
more than you wanted to know ~ RHF
..
..

Grundig YB400 vs Degen DE1102 /* frank */ Shortwave 0 August 7th 04 12:39 PM
GE Superadios for Dummies [ GE Super Radios I - II - III ] RHF Shortwave 9 March 22nd 04 09:37 AM
YB400PE [email protected] Shortwave 7 February 5th 04 12:34 PM
Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Radios that are offered World Wide under the Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Brand Name RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:23 PM
Grundig Satellit 900 -=V=- Eton E1 XM Radio RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:14 PM