Old December 17th 04, 03:20 PM
Brian

Default 4.830 BBC?

I've been listening to this frequency since about 1450 and was curious as to
it's origin. They id'd as BBC radio 4, but I can't find any information
verifying it as a bbc frequency. Could it be another station broadcasting
bbc material? Just curious, thanks.

-Brian

Old December 17th 04, 04:35 PM
dxAce

Brian wrote:

I've been listening to this frequency since about 1450 and was curious as to
it's origin. They id'd as BBC radio 4, but I can't find any information
verifying it as a bbc frequency. Could it be another station broadcasting
bbc material? Just curious, thanks.

What radio are you using?

Old December 17th 04, 05:17 PM
Brian

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brian wrote:

I've been listening to this frequency since about 1450 and was curious

as to
it's origin. They id'd as BBC radio 4, but I can't find any information
verifying it as a bbc frequency. Could it be another station

broadcasting
bbc material? Just curious, thanks.

What radio are you using?

An R75. After the bbc programming it switched to a Republic Broadcasting
Network program. The only thing I came up with for that time and frequency
was AIR, but I'm not sure about the programming.

-Brian

Old December 17th 04, 05:26 PM
Brian

Goddamn, it was a harmonic of 1610, which apparently broadcasts some bbc
programming in the mornings. It just occurred to me that it may be a local,
sorry.

-Brian

Old December 17th 04, 05:29 PM
dxAce

Brian wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brian wrote:

I've been listening to this frequency since about 1450 and was curious

as to
it's origin. They id'd as BBC radio 4, but I can't find any information
verifying it as a bbc frequency. Could it be another station

broadcasting
bbc material? Just curious, thanks.

What radio are you using?

An R75. After the bbc programming it switched to a Republic Broadcasting
Network program. The only thing I came up with for that time and frequency
was AIR, but I'm not sure about the programming.

No idea... I'd say you have some kind of image problem with the receiver. The
Republic Broadcasting Network is on shortwave, however, not on that frequency to
the best of my knowledge.

http://www.rbnlive.com/schedule.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 17th 04, 05:31 PM
dxAce

Brian wrote:

Goddamn, it was a harmonic of 1610, which apparently broadcasts some bbc
programming in the mornings. It just occurred to me that it may be a local,
sorry.

Takes care of that problem!

dxAce
Michigan