Old December 19th 04, 05:50 AM
Dan Conti

Default FS: DRAKE R8B SW/HF Receiver - PRICE REDUCED!

I will try this one more time here and on STRONG SIGNALS before going to
eBay. Price has been reduced.

I have decided to sell my DRAKE R8B receiver. I bought it less then a
year ago and just do not use it to it's potential. I just don't have
the time for it. It is in absolute MINT condition, hardly used. Manual
included as well as the optional DRAKE MS-8 speaker, and optional remote
control unit for the DRAKE. I have the box around in storage somewhere,
and if you really want it, I'll dig it out. (No, this unit does not have
the VHF option.) If you are interested, then you should be at the level
in this hobby to know about the reputation and features of this radio,
and what they currently sell for new. Features are too numerous to
mention here, but the Drake website as well as others would be the
source for further info. It is truly the cream of the crop.

I am asking $1000.00, plus $30.00 shipping UPS ground, insured. (This
radio is heavy, and must be packed up well for shipping).

I will accept a US Postal money order or certified funds ONLY for this
item. I will accept PAYPAL only if the PAYPAL fee is PAID BY YOU!

NO PERSONAL CHECKS.

eBay feedback under OFFDAN.

E-mail me ONLY with questions, or if you wish to buy. Chances are if
you reply here I will not answer you.

Thanks for your time,

Dan
Old December 19th 04, 06:57 AM

Boy howdy,I wish I could afford to buy that Drake R8B receiver
now.(well,I can dream,can't I?) I hope you get what you are asking for
it and even more.
cuhulin

Old December 19th 04, 07:41 PM
Dan Conti

Someone is going to have a very merry Xmas with their new Drake R8B package!

It has been SOLD!

Thanks to all who responded, and merry Xmas.

Dan

Old December 19th 04, 07:53 PM

Would y'all work for a company that paid y'all one penny the first day
and then two pennies the second day and so on,three pennies the third
day? Think about it and do the math.I am glad you sold your Drake
R8B.Maybe some day I will luck up on a real good deal on a Drake or
Ten-Tec but I really want me a Watkins-Johnson Shortwave Radio.
cuhulin

Old December 19th 04, 08:21 PM
Sanjaya

wrote in message ...
Would y'all work for a company that paid y'all one penny the first day
and then two pennies the second day and so on,three pennies the third
day? Think about it and do the math.

[snip]

I believe the penny thing is... 1 penny the first day, 2 the second day, 4 the third...
8... 16... 32... 64 etc.

It comes out to over a billion pennies in 30 days...$10+ million

Old December 19th 04, 09:28 PM

Yep,that's kind of what I ment to say.The paycheck doubles every
day.Soon,you would be a billionaire.
cuhulin