Old December 20th 04, 03:55 AM
J999w

Default 41m greyline band scan

These days the greyline at sunset from my QTH runs right through Beijing, China
really boosting signals from that part of the world. Scanning the 41 meter band
tonight at sunset (2300z) yielded the following Chinese stations:

7385khz CRI Beijing 150kw S9+30db
7345khz CRI Beijing 100kw S9+20db
7335khz CRI Xian 100kw S9+10db
7325khz CRI Xian 150kw S9+20db
7290khz CRI Beijing 100kw S9+20db
7275khz CRI Beijing 100kw S9
7270khz CRI Huhhot 100kw S9+20db
7220khz CRI Kunming 100kw S9+20db
7170khz CRI Lhasa 100kw S9+10db
7150khz CRI Xian 100kw S9
7130khz CRI Xian 150kw S9 (QRM VOA Tailand?)

Power and possible idents from http://hfradio.org/swbc/.

Conditions were good but I've heard 7335 much louder in the past.

49 meters yielded:

6150khz CRI? Chinese language
6125khz CRI shijiazhuang S9+10
6065khz CRI Beijing S9

Found no stations of asian sound on 60m or lower.

Fun listening!

John Wilke
K9RZZ
Milwaukee, WI
Yaesu FT767gx + 40m quad loop
Old December 20th 04, 04:32 AM
dxAce

J999w wrote:

[...]

Without looking all of them up, I'd be willing to bet that most are actually not
CRI, but rather CNR, China National Radio outlets of one form or another.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 20th 04, 04:46 AM
running dogg

dxAce wrote:

J999w wrote:

[...]

CRI is China's foreign service. I believe the domestic service is called
Central People's Broadcasting Station(s).

Old December 20th 04, 03:33 PM
dxAce

running dogg wrote:

dxAce wrote:

J999w wrote:

[...]

Officially, it is China National Radio (CNR), and has been designated as such for some
time. Having said that, it is my understanding that they still ID as CPBS in Standard
Chinese.

And yes, CRI is the foreign service.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 22nd 04, 02:17 AM

J999w wrote:
[...]

Could you explain exactly what the greyline is and how to use it?
Thanks!

Old December 22nd 04, 05:58 AM
J999w

Could you explain exactly what the greyline is and how to use it?
Thanks!

Read this:

http://www.mindspring.com/~helmsman/

Then download this: