Old January 24th 05, 04:08 AM
RHF

For One and All,
..
The "DAILY WATCH" Webpages for Price and Availability
of the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio
..
SUNDAY / 23 JAN 2005 = RELEASE DATE CHANGED
UPDATE for UNIVERSAL-RADIO.COM
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0101.html
The MONTH has CHANGED from FEBRUARY to MARCH
NOTE - Now reads : Expected March 2005
and there is No Price Listed as of :
SUNDAY / 23 JAN 2005
..
SUNDAY / 23 JAN 2005 = NO CHANGE [.]
UPDATE for ETON CORP.
E1 XM = http://tinyurl.com/6numg
* NO PRICE HAS BEEN POSTED.
* NO RELEASE DATE IS GIVEN.
..
wishing, Hoping. and WAITING ! ~ RHF
..
All are WELCOME and "Invited to Join" the
ETON 'Elite' E1 XM Radio eGroup on YAHOO !
Where the Topic is the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver
with XM Satellite Radio.
Old January 27th 05, 05:48 AM
RHF

NOONEBOYD,

Thank You for the Information.

* * * EXTRACTED from Yahoo!:Groups:ETON-E1-XM-Radio
= = = In ,
= = = "nooneboyd" theboyd@m... wrote:

Hi all: I just received this form the "contact"
at EtonCorp.com requesting a release date for the
Grundig 900:

Dear Boyd,

End of this quarter or beginning of next it will be
released to major dealerships.

Kindly visit our website at
www.etoncorp.com .
Thank you for interest in our radios.

Best regards
Arvind

..
..
Old January 28th 05, 09:33 AM
Sanjaya

"RHF" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all: I just received this form the "contact" at EtonCorp.com
requesting a release date for the Grundig 900:

Dear Boyd,

End of this quarter or beginning of next it will be
released to major dealerships.

Kindly visit our website at www.etoncorp.com .
Thank you for interest in our radios.

Best regards
Arvind

This is accurate, but they fail to mention that "this quarter or beginning of next"
refers to "quarter century".

Old January 28th 05, 09:47 PM
Sanjaya

"Jim Hackett" wrote in message
news
LOL I don't doubt that!

I couldn't resist : )

Old January 29th 05, 10:05 AM
RHF

Eton E1 XM Radio Photos and News From CES 2005 - by RadioIntel.Com
E1XM = http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ETON-E...io/message/162
..
For One and All,
..
Eton E1 XM Radio Photos and News From CES 2005
- by RadioIntel.Com http://www.radiointel.com/
..
* Thanks to a friend of RadioIntel.Com
..
* RadioIntel has some Photos taken at CES 2005
while visiting Eton's Booth and bit of News.
http://www.radiointel.com/
..
NOTE - Here is where the material facts that are causing
the "Speculation" about two Eton E1 Radios begin:
http://www.radiointel.com/
* Eton E1 XM Satellite Radio for the USA
* Eton E1 AM/FM Shortwave Radio for The-Rest-of-the-World
..
What follows is a very good descriptive report of
what Eton Corp. had on display at the CES.
http://www.radiointel.com/
..
Check-Out the three Eton E1 XM Photos that are Linked
via the RadioIntel.Com webpage:
http://www.radiointel.com/
- E1XM Pic # 1
- E1XM Pic # 2
- E1XM Pic # 3 {Best Shot}
Take-A-Look ! http://www.radiointel.com/
..
~ RHF
..
Old January 29th 05, 02:53 PM
David

Doesn't this thing use XM's rumored ''Connect and Play'' scheme where
all the brains are in the base of the antenna and the only thing in
the radio is a control bus/audio interface? Does the XM antenna plug
look like a coaxial or like a Mini-USB?

On 29 Jan 2005 02:05:03 -0800, "RHF"
wrote:

Eton E1 XM Radio Photos and News From CES 2005 - by RadioIntel.Com
E1XM = http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ETON-E...io/message/162
.
For One and All,
.

Old January 29th 05, 03:40 PM

RHF wrote:
PHIL,
.
"WHY" I would Buy the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM
Satellite Radio
.
I would agree with you, that in many respects the Eton
'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellit Radio should be a
better receiver than the Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium,
and I love my GS800M.
.
What have been many of the problems and grips that have
been written about here with the GS800M.
- Small Ferrite Rod Antenna
- Internal RF Noise from the Radios Circuits
- Hash from the LCD Display.
and many more . . . all this in a big, Big. BIG ! Box.
.
Well for Eton / Drake /Tecsun to take the GS800M and place
it into a much smaller Box; would mean that at least two
of the above problems would have had to be Fix or at least
significantly reduced to at least the same performance
levels as the GS800M.

I agree that this is what SHOULD happen, but of course it doesn't
always work out that way. In the course of correcting one set of
problems, one often just creates a whole new set. Also, I'm still not
clear on the role of Drake in the development of this new Eton
receiver. I don't see anything about it on the Drake website, whereas I
do see the Satellit 800 on the Drake site. Will Drake repair defective
E1's, as they do the Sat 800's? I keep seeing the Drake name attached
to the E1, which is encouraging; but what, exactly, does Drake have to
do with it?

Imagine a GS800M with a 'lower' Noise Floor and able to
"Hear" those Weak Signals that are just now on the edge
of Listenability with the GS800M.
.
The nature of the Business Product Process Cycle is to
Continously Seek to Build-It-Better and Make-It-Cheaper.
[ Increase the Value of the Product to the Customer. ]
.
The Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium was ETON Corps
Premier [Flag Ship] "Big Box" Radio. The Eton 'Elite'
E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio is designed to be
ETON Corps Premier 'Small Box' Radio. For ETON Corp,
the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio
has to be at least as-good-as the GS800M; and ideally
much better.

We just have to hope that things work out this way, but there are no
guarantees.

Remember, it has been four years since
ETON Corp has released the GS800M and it need a New STAR
for it's Consumer Marketing "Image". If the Eton 'Elite'
E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio is as-good-as the
GS800M and in a 'smaller' Box; it will be a Hit with the
Buying Public. (An Executive Gift) However, if the Eton
'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio is much better
than the GS800M; then it will be a Hit with the Radio
Enthusiast who will feel they need to "Got-to-Have-It !"
.
Please Note - That when I write about the Eton E1 XM Radio;
I 'label' it as the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver with XM Satellite
Radio. That is because 'for me' what it is as the Eton
'Elite' E1 Receiver is what I am interested in as a Radio.
What it will do as an AM/MW, FM and Shortwave Radio is the
"Why" that will make 'me' want to Buy it. The fact that
it also comes 'with' XM Satellit Radio is not a Selling
Point for me.

I'm with you there. I also don't think that the AM/MW/SW and FM will be
a big selling point with people who are shopping for satellite
radios....which makes me question the wisdom of combining so much in a
single package.

Let us keep our fingers crossed!

Steve

Old February 1st 05, 05:06 PM
RHF

FO&A,
..
TUESDAY / 1 FEB 2005 = NO NEW CHANGES
UPDATE for UNIVERSAL-RADIO.COM
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0101.html
The Last Change was the Month Changed from FEBRUARY to MARCH.
NOTE - Now Reads : Expected March 2005 and there is
No Price Listed as of : TUESDAY / 1 FEB 2005
..
TUESDAY / 1 FEB 2005 = STILL NO CHANGE [.]
UPDATE for ETON CORP.
E1 XM = http://tinyurl.com/6numg
* NO PRICE HAS BEEN POSTED.
* NO RELEASE DATE IS GIVEN.
..
Old February 24th 05, 02:48 PM
RHF

* * * EXTRACTED from ETON 'Elite' E1 XM Radio eGroup
= = = From: "James Townley" *m
= = = Date: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:31 am
= = = Subject: AES
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ETON-E...io/message/185