Old January 7th 05, 03:39 PM

Tongue in cheek comment. Still I was taken aback by the repetitive
advertising by one company. Almost every third page was a full page ad
by Eton - over and over. Made me think of the magazine Pentax once
published. It contained good information on photography, but lots of
Pentax ads too.

Old January 7th 05, 08:16 PM
4nradio

This is nothing new in Passport. Grundig Corp. (=Eton) has had repetitive,
full color ads throughout Passport for the last few years.

Guy

ups.com...

Old January 9th 05, 02:31 AM
bob

That would be Eaton's (eh) as in the Timothy Eaton Company (eh)
Later known at the T. Eaton Company, then simply known as Eaton's,
then later bought out by The Hudson's Bay Trading Company, which is now
known as "The Bay" - so ends the Canadian retail history lesson.

On to the radio: Eton is the resurrected Grundig.

(Beauty eh, like Grundig makes great radios, not for hosers...)

nothermark wrote:
On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 08:49:32 -0600, wrote:

I have heard of EtonDUH (store) in TorontoDUH in CanaDUH before,many
years ago.
cuhulin

uh DUH the store in Canaduh is EATONS - owned by Sears, I believe. I
guess that now makes it the high priced K-Mart.

;-)

Old January 9th 05, 02:54 AM
dxAce

bob wrote:

That would be Eaton's (eh) as in the Timothy Eaton Company (eh)
Later known at the T. Eaton Company, then simply known as Eaton's,
then later bought out by The Hudson's Bay Trading Company, which is now
known as "The Bay" - so ends the Canadian retail history lesson.

On to the radio: Eton is the resurrected Grundig.

How does Eaton relate to Eton?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 9th 05, 06:12 PM
nothermark

Check http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/6174/eatons/ second
paragaph. You missed the last couple of ownership changes.

Old January 9th 05, 06:15 PM
nothermark

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 21:54:38 -0500, dxAce wrote:

bob wrote:

That would be Eaton's (eh) as in the Timothy Eaton Company (eh)
Later known at the T. Eaton Company, then simply known as Eaton's,
then later bought out by The Hudson's Bay Trading Company, which is now
known as "The Bay" - so ends the Canadian retail history lesson.

On to the radio: Eton is the resurrected Grundig.

How does Eaton relate to Eton?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

It doesn't, that was the point. The replied to message was:

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 08:49:32 -0600, wrote:

I have heard of EtonDUH (store) in TorontoDUH in CanaDUH before,many
years ago.
cuhulin

Evidently cuhulin can't tell the difference between eaton and eton.

;-)
Old January 9th 05, 06:35 PM

ok,ok,it's Eaton'sDUH.Beauty (beautifull plastic radio cases) does not a
great radio make.
cuhulin