Old December 28th 04, 11:51 PM
tianli

Default Zambia on 4965 & 4910kHz

Zambia tentatively heard on 4910kHz on 28th Dec in WI:

0235Z Strong tone carrier heard.
0240Z Sounds of birds (seagulls?).
0251Z African style vocal music.
0253Z Male speaker in unknown African language.
0255Z Female speaker in unknown African language.
0300Z Time pips - Female speaker, then into music (No id could be
ascertained).
0310Z Female speaker then more African style music....
0335Z Female speaker then more African style music.

Zambia tentatively heard again on 4965kHz - Strong signal.

0235Z Female British English speaker w/news about earthquake tsunami.
0241Z... into Christian music (No id was heard).

VOA heard on 4960kHz @0300Z via Sao Tome according to Passport.

Old December 30th 04, 12:32 AM
tianli

Mon evening local time was the strongest I have heard either station.
4965 was much weaker yesterday (local Tue) evening and 4910 was clobbered by
data interference.
FYI - 4910 comes up with a tone carrier at about 0230Z.

Good luck Gary!

"Kachina 78" wrote in message
Greetings, Thanks for the heads up. I've been having trouble nailing down
Zambia. Part of the problem is that I work second shift, so I don't fire

up the
shack until 0500UTC. I'll use your info, and try for it on my days off.

Good
DXing to you. Gary, Illinois, USA

Old December 31st 04, 02:55 PM
Art Harris

tianli wrote:
"Kachina 78" wrote:
Greetings, Thanks for the heads up. I've been having trouble

nailing down
Zambia. Part of the problem is that I work second shift, so I don't

fire
up the
shack until 0500UTC. I'll use your info, and try for it on my days

off.

ZNBC Zambia was coming in fine last night (Thursday night ET) on 4910
at 0350-0420z. I'm on Long Island.

Art N2AH

Zambia? 4965KHz @0030Z (tentative) tianli Shortwave 0 December 14th 04 12:34 AM
Zambia Maximus Shortwave 1 March 5th 04 06:02 PM
Radio one Zambia 4.910 Mhz Ken Wilson Shortwave 2 February 6th 04 04:28 AM
Radio Zambia ? Maximus Shortwave 3 January 1st 04 12:28 PM