Old December 28th 04, 08:52 PM
SR

Default Looking for Phil Henry

Last night while listening to AM radio here in New York City around
midnight on the medium wave band around 800 khz, I picked up a faint
signal, it was a commercial station with good old Phil Henry doing his show.

Unfortunately, the signal was fading in & out. I wanted to hear the
station's call letters & the name of his show. But I couldn't.

A few years ago I would pick him up when I lived in Tampa, Fl. He was
on WFLA.

I am sure that he is broadcasting outside of New York. But I am not
sure from where.

His show might be syndicated, and I would like to find the closes
station to New York that he is on.

I did a Google search, but I couldn't find much on him. -Sometimes his
name is spelled Hendrie.

73!
Old December 29th 04, 01:59 AM
dxAce

SR wrote:

Last night while listening to AM radio here in New York City around
midnight on the medium wave band around 800 khz, I picked up a faint
signal, it was a commercial station with good old Phil Henry doing his show.

Unfortunately, the signal was fading in & out. I wanted to hear the
station's call letters & the name of his show. But I couldn't.

A few years ago I would pick him up when I lived in Tampa, Fl. He was
on WFLA.

I am sure that he is broadcasting outside of New York. But I am not
sure from where.

His show might be syndicated, and I would like to find the closes
station to New York that he is on.

I did a Google search, but I couldn't find much on him. -Sometimes his
name is spelled Hendrie.

I think he is on WGY 810 starting at 10 PM Eastern.

http://www.philhendrieshow.com/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 29th 04, 06:48 AM
johndobbs

dxAce wrote:
SR wrote:

[...]

Yes, WGY 810, Schenectady, New York, Monday thru Friday at 10 P.M.
eastern. We get him usually quite well here in northern Ohio ...
although with some fading sometimes. You should have a good chance of
picking up 810 in NYC. This past week Phil's been on vacation and
though he's been running re-runs -- it's still a belly of laughs!

Old December 29th 04, 07:07 AM
Mike

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:52:57 +0000, SR wrote:

I did a Google search, but I couldn't find much on him. -Sometimes his
name is spelled Hendrie.

It's always spelled that way. That's why you couldn't find much on
him.

A Google search on his correctly spelled name - "Phil Hendrie" -
brings up his official site as the first hit:

http://www.philhendrieshow.com/

And if you click on "Affiliates" on that page:

http://www.philhendrieshow.com/wheresphil.html

You'll see that you likely picked up the show on WGY/810 in the
Albany, NY market. It's a 50KW blowtorch that is heard up and down
most of the U.S.'s East Coast.

Mike
Old December 31st 04, 11:44 PM
SR

johndobbs wrote:
dxAce wrote:

SR wrote:

[...]

Hey dxAce, I am in Queens, NY. Who know you might be closer to
Schenectady than me.

Thank you for the FRQ. I will try to turn in, if not I'll hear his
shows online.

I wonder how far is Scenectady from me?

I hope that in the future other radio stations would pick him up like
the way Coast to Coast AM.

73

Old December 31st 04, 11:47 PM
SR

Mike wrote:

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:52:57 +0000, SR wrote:

I did a Google search, but I couldn't find much on him. -Sometimes his
name is spelled Hendrie.

It's always spelled that way. That's why you couldn't find much on
him.

A Google search on his correctly spelled name - "Phil Hendrie" -
brings up his official site as the first hit:

http://www.philhendrieshow.com/

And if you click on "Affiliates" on that page:

http://www.philhendrieshow.com/wheresphil.html

You'll see that you likely picked up the show on WGY/810 in the
Albany, NY market. It's a 50KW blowtorch that is heard up and down
most of the U.S.'s East Coast.

Mike

Problem is their are other stations near 810 am. Their is a station on
800, and one on 820.

The am band is getting fill.

73!
Old January 1st 05, 04:36 AM
Tom G.

I don't know if you have access to XM satellite radio but Phil Hendrie is on
XM-152 Weekdays starting @ 7PM Eastern

Tom