Old January 2nd 05, 12:36 PM
RHF

Default NPR on Shortwave Schedule & Freqs

RM390,
..
So USofA Military Personal and their Families are forced to
Listen to 18 Hours a Day of Liberal Propaganda from NPR ;-{
..
Plus they are 'limited' to only One Hour of Rush a Day ;-{
..
NPR =X= Fair and Balance - NOT !
..
so say i - my opinions stated as facts ~ RHF
..

Old January 4th 05, 11:08 PM
Larry Ozarow

RHF wrote:
RM390,
.
So USofA Military Personal and their Families are forced to
Listen to 18 Hours a Day of Liberal Propaganda from NPR ;-{
.
Plus they are 'limited' to only One Hour of Rush a Day ;-{
.
NPR =X= Fair and Balance - NOT !
.
so say i - my opinions stated as facts ~ RHF
.

It's mostly just Morning Edition and
All Things Considered, hardly 18 hours a day,
and if you took the time
to listen to them instead of just parroting what
you hear on right-wing talk radio, you would realize
they ARE balanced. Almost always have spokesmen
from both sides of a political issue, and have interviews
and features on Repubs just as often as Dems.

They're also carrying Car Talk. You got a problem with
that too?
Old January 5th 05, 12:26 AM
RHF

LO,

It is obvious that you simply do not hear or recognize the 'slant'
that NPR inparts to the news and information that is presented.
..
~ RHF
..

Old January 5th 05, 01:00 AM
Larry Ozarow

RHF wrote:
LO,

It is obvious that you simply do not hear or recognize the 'slant'
that NPR inparts to the news and information that is presented.
.
~ RHF
.

In the broader sense no one can easily recognize slant as such when they
hear it if it agrees with their prejudices, but NPR news programming
is very careful to present both sides of issues when there
is controversy. Their affiliate stations have to support themselves
in "red" states as well as "blue" states and NPR still receives
considerable federal funding, which in the current political climate
requires that they be pretty scrupulous about exhibiting bias.

If you're so sure, why don't you give some examples? And not that
silly thing about how they don't refer to Dubya as "President" Bush.
You asserted that a ways back and it's a load of hooey.

I've heard interviews on NPR with such as Hastert, Rumsfeld,
Wolfowitz and Perle among others
and the interviews were respectful and non-confrontational.
They DO report on dissenting opinion as well, but that's what
balance requires.

The problem is more likely that your worldview is so skewed to
the right and so infected by verkrampt talk-radio that actual
balanced reporting sounds like left-wing extremism to you.
Old January 5th 05, 04:19 AM
Telamon

In article O_GCd.32929$Ff3.16636@trndny04,
Larry Ozarow wrote:

RHF wrote:
LO,

It is obvious that you simply do not hear or recognize the 'slant'
that NPR inparts to the news and information that is presented.
.
~ RHF
.

In the broader sense no one can easily recognize slant as such when they
hear it if it agrees with their prejudices, but NPR news programming
is very careful to present both sides of issues when there
is controversy.

Snip

Sure thing Larry.

By the way, are you selling any investor swampland or maybe pre-owned
cars or how about multi-level marketing.

You must think most people in the news group are pretty stupid.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old January 5th 05, 12:53 PM
Larry Ozarow

Telamon wrote:

Sure thing Larry.

By the way, are you selling any investor swampland or maybe pre-owned
cars or how about multi-level marketing.

You must think most people in the news group are pretty stupid.

Certainly a fair number of them are. Why don't you and RHF stretch
those mighty intellects of yours and think back to the original
post on this thread. Who is it who is carrying NPR's daily news feed?
Is it Radio Havana? Iran? North Korea? No it is the freaking United
Stated Department of Defense. Who is the bureaucrat who made that
decision ultimately accountable to? George Soros? Victor Navasky? Nope.
Donald Rumsfeld. And who are the intended audience - a bunch of Ivy
League classics professors sitting around drinking Chablis? No, you
dopes, they are a bunch of military people. A group generally more
conservative perhaps than the average, but people who are not interested
in being spoon-fed a lot of simplistic conspiracy-theory laden claptrap
by kooks and paid entertainers.

Sure, if you need simple monochromatic sloganeering
answers to life's questions, anything that deals seriously with complex
issues will look slanted toward the side opposite to whatever your side
is. For every trailer-park-living Ru****e who thinks the NY Times and
NPR are commie-loving seditionists there's an LSD-dropping communard
somewhere who thinks they are right-wing crypto-fascist tools. Both
sides are crippled marginal figures incapable of and uninterested
in making informed decisions about anything important.

Old January 5th 05, 03:09 PM
David

It's well-documented that if Fox News is your primary source of
current events information you are seriously misinformed.

Old January 5th 05, 04:24 AM
RHF

LO,
..
There is 'slant' and There Is "SLANT" !
..
I may not know 'slant' when I see it :-{
..
But, I Know "SLANT" When I Hear It ;-}
..
Slant is is the Mind of the Listener.
[ We Know What We Hear - Like It or Not ! ]
..
NPR's 'slant' is using a so called Moderate Speaker and
a Liberal Speaker to give two 'Enlightened" Points-of-View.
..
Mostly on NPR the True Conservative Voice is Never Heard [.]
..
ABOUT THE STATUS OF RED AND 'blue' AMERICA
Point-of-Fact: Beyond the Red and Blue States there are the
Red Counties and Blue Counties that make up every part of America.
AMERICA IS RED = http://michellemalkin.com/archives/000792.htm
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic.../countymap.htm
..

Old January 5th 05, 01:18 PM
Larry Ozarow

RHF wrote:

NPR's 'slant' is using a so called Moderate Speaker and
a Liberal Speaker to give two 'Enlightened" Points-of-View.
.
Mostly on NPR the True Conservative Voice is Never Heard [.]
.

Donald Rumsfeld and Richard Perle are moderates? Yeah, right.
Old January 5th 05, 03:11 PM
David

You wouldn't recognize a ''True Conservative'' if you tripped over
one.

On 4 Jan 2005 20:24:51 -0800, "RHF"
wrote:

LO,