Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 6th 05, 12:11 AM
ShortwaveMan

Default TV Hum

Hello,
I am hoping someone here has some concrete suggestions on how to solve a
vexing problem with my shortwave listening.

I live in an apartment complex which does not allow outside antennas. I
solved the problem by sticking pushpins in the wall around the window in my
room and winding a hundred feet of insulated hookup wire around them. The
antenna is vertically oriented and facing north. The tv hum wipes out
everything in some bands, particularly in the range of 4.7 to 5.2 or so. It
is worse than than the dsl interference. The place is wired for tv cable and
dsl, although I don't have dsl S.

Replies gratefully received S.

Peace +