Old January 9th 05, 06:24 PM
Anonymouse

Default BBC Show "Westway" listening online?

I am a listener to the WS online...and I have been trying to nail down the
times for the drama "Westway".

I am in NYC, so can someone tell me when it is on Eastern Time on the
internet stream?

Thanks!

Old January 10th 05, 09:47 AM
Des Small

"Anonymouse" writes:

I am a listener to the WS online...and I have been trying to nail down the
times for the drama "Westway".

Online any time you like, via its radio 7 homepage:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/arts/features/westway/index.shtml

Des
--
"[T]he structural trend in linguistics which took root with the
International Congresses of the twenties and early thirties [...] had
Old January 11th 05, 02:27 AM
Harveyat8c43z0

-Wish they' d just play reruns of
" The Goon Show" or something.

Old January 11th 05, 03:21 PM
Joel Rubin

On 11 Jan 2005 02:27:18 GMT, (Harveyat8c43z0)
wrote:

-Wish they' d just play reruns of
" The Goon Show" or something.

You can hear it on the digital cable/satellite/INTERNET STREAM network
BBC7 amd there are any number of fan websites which have probably
illegal MP3's.

BBC7 has it both - well, live ain't exactly the word for half-century
old programs in which all or most of the cast are dead - and on
demand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/listenagain/monday

(Monday, times are GMT/GMT+1 in summer)

12:30-13:00 The Goon Show
Listen Again The Burning Embassy: The
Listen Again British Embassy in Peking is
on fire, so the Goons help by
wrapping water up in a parcel
and posting it there. From Oct
1957. [Rptd tonight 7.30pm and
Tuesday 6.00am]

(What do you call an old time radio program which "streams live"? CFRA
in Ottawa has an hour of old time radio, mostly off AFRS recordings,
after the 3 A.M. Eastern news and in the opening for the CFRA program,
they tell you how it's live from their studios in the heart of the
Bytown Market, which seems a bit unlikely unless they're having a
seance.)

Old January 12th 05, 01:04 PM
Joel Rubin

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:47:44 GMT, Des Small
wrote:

"Anonymouse" writes:

I am a listener to the WS online...and I have been trying to nail down the
times for the drama "Westway".

Online any time you like, via its radio 7 homepage:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/arts/features/westway/index.shtml

BBC7 also has it.

Streamed "live" and on demand. I'm not sure if this is the current
series or a previous series (most of the stuff on BBC7 seems to be old
stuff - like the Goons and Just A Minute's from 1998)

Times: Weekly omnibus Sunday at 0800-0855, repeated 2100 and Monday
0330

M-F: 0930-0945, repeated the next day at 0300

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/listenagain/[day_of_week]