Old January 10th 05, 08:05 AM
David Buckna

Default OT Are the Bush Twins Influenced by the Evil Liberal Press? *

Message 1 in threadFrom: David )
View this article onlyNewsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 2005-01-07 07:48:45 PST

Note: This January 7, 2005 BuzzFlash Editorial marks the seventh in 20
consecutive editorials BuzzFlash will be publishing through January
20th.

A BUZZFLASH EDITORIAL

I think it's safe to say, from stitching together news accounts, that
the Bush twins don't practice sexual abstinence, aren't teetotalers,
and have indulged from time to time in marijuana use -- and that's
just what we know.

===

Rapper's Inaugural Invite a Shocker, Say Family Advocates

By Fred Jackson, Bill Fancher, and Jody Brown
January 6, 2005
(AgapePress) - Christians who helped re-elect George W. Bush are in for a
major shock. WorldNetDaily reports that organizers of this month's
inauguration festivities have invited one of the most vile rock starts in
the country to entertain Republican young people.
WorldNetDaily describes Kid Rock as "a popular vulgar rock-rapper whose
lyrics wouldn't begin to pass muster with the Federal Communications
Commission." But that is who Republican organizers have chosen to headline
the entertainment at the inaugural youth concert, hosted by none other than
the president's two daughters Jenna and Barbara.
For those who may not be familiar with Kid Rock, also known as Robert James
Ritchie, he is a Detroit-based rapper who, among other things, has received
a 1999 MTV video music award for being the "Sluttiest Male Celebrity," and
shared the same stage as Janet Jackson at last year's controversial Super
Bowl halftime show. His lyrics often focus on the recreational nature of sex
and send a message of female sexual exploitation.
In addition, a search on Yahoo! indicates he performed in at least one
pornographic video (released in 2000) along with well-known porn stars
Tricia Deveraux, Ron Jeremy, and Teri Weigel. The video was produced by
infamous porn video director John Stagliano, whose trail of porn videos
slinks back to the early 1980s.
*
*

The rapper's invitation has created a stir among many pro-family supporters
of the president. Dr. Don Wildmon, founder and chairman of the American
Family Association, says the White House has sent a shocking statement to
millions of families who supported his re-election.
"Kid Rock is an inexcusable choice," Wildmon says in a press release. "His
music lyrics serve to teach our young men to disrespect women in a most
vile, self-serving manner. Obviously, someone on the Presidential
Inauguration Committee has made an extremely poor judgment call."
Bob Knight of the Culture and Family Institute concurs. "I think the
Republicans are so sensitive to the fact that the Democrats have a lot more
Hollywood support, and support from MTV, that they'll take anything they can
get," he says, "but taking Kid Rock is going a step too far. [He] advocates
mindless sex, he uses the f-word -- he's anything but a representative of
family values."

Both Wildmon and Knight believe Kid Rock needs to be removed
from the inaugural program as soon as possible. But can that happen? Knight
thinks so.
"I think if they hear enough outrage from the people who elected President
Bush, that this is a slap in the to their values, that they'll have to
reconsider," Knight says. "He ought to be dis-invited."
WorldNetDaily quotes California pro-family leader Randy Thomasson who says
if Kid Rock is allowed to perform at this inauguration event, it will send a
clear message to pro-family Americans that the GOP has "taken them for a
ride and ditched them in the gutter."
That is why Thomasson, executive director of Campaign for Children and
Families, tells WND that the rapper's presence at a GOP event is "more than
inconsistent" with the pro-family principles of the Republican Party. "It's
a sham," he says. "This guy is one of the worst role models for youth
imaginable."
===

Billionaire Urges Bush to Give Inaugural Funds to Tsunami Survivors
by Maria Recio