RadioBanter

-   -   Is the YB-400 a good SSB reciver? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/47454-yb-400-good-ssb-reciver.html)

[email protected] January 12th 05 03:02 PM

Michael Black wrote:
" ) writes:
I have a YB400PE and it is excellent for listening to SSB
(utilities..hams etc)
73 Greg

Do you find the selectivity good enough for the ham bands?

Michael

It's Me January 15th 05 01:27 AM

I concur. Plus, the 7600 has an AM sideband-selectable sync detector,
making it outstanding for broadcast stations (BBC, Dwelle, etc.).

Among others, I own the YB 400 and Sony 7600. The RS DX-398/Sangean 909
is much better than the YB400 for sideband, but it doesn't have a sync
detector.

Bucky

wavetrapper wrote:
Agree with tianli.
The 7600GR does a super job receiving SSB.
Sideband is not a strength of the YB-400

tianli wrote:

The "best" bang for your buck = Sony ICF-SW7600GR
SSB on this portable is superb! Excellent sensitivity and

ergonomics.

atomicthumbs January 24th 05 08:25 PM

It's decided, then. I'm getting the 7600.

Thanx to all who responded!