RadioBanter

-   -   WTB: Panasonic RF-B65 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/47521-wtb-panasonic-rf-b65.html)

mike maghakian January 17th 05 12:01 AM

the 2800 and 2900 have more than the display as a difference. just look at
the schematics, it is quite obvious. I don't think many people ever check
that point out since most people repeat it.
I checked it out for myself and there ARE differences !!!!!

"starman" wrote in message
DeWayne wrote:

I just wondered as I remember when they sold new and I thought they
looked
worth trying but I never did. I think they were selling the Panasonic
RF-2900 new around then too.

The RF-2800 and 2900 were about ten years before the B65 and B60. The
latter two were real PLL designs, not analog with a frequency display
(counter) like the 2800/2900. The 2900 is identical to the 2800 except
it has a fluorescent display instead of red LED's on the 2800, which
saved battery power. The 2800 display only worked for AM/shortwave
tuning, not FM. The current Tecsun/Grundig S-350 is loosely based on the
RF-2800/2900 but it does not have dual conversion like the two
Panasonics did.
I've been trying to locate a National Panasonic DR-29. This version was
not sold in the US. It had a built-in preselector to reduce images and
overloading in strong signal areas like Europe.

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000
Newsgroups

[email protected] January 17th 05 04:37 AM

Oh, I know the feeling. When you are ready to pull the trigger the
only listings are closed!!
Good luck in the search..when you find one it will be worth it.

starman January 18th 05 05:41 AM

mike maghakian wrote:

the 2800 and 2900 have more than the display as a difference. just look at
the schematics, it is quite obvious. I don't think many people ever check
that point out since most people repeat it.
I checked it out for myself and there ARE differences !!!!!

The differences are mostly associated with the display circuitry. Did
you find any significant differences in the RF/IF areas of the
schematics?