Old January 15th 05, 01:51 AM
Dave_In_CT

Default WTB: Panasonic RF-B65

WTB:
Panasonic RF-B65
Would consider the RF-B60

Old January 15th 05, 05:39 AM
DeWayne

"Dave_In_CT" wrote in message
news:4G_Fd.1380$hu.982@fed1read01...
WTB:
Panasonic RF-B65
Would consider the RF-B60

Just curious, what do you like about the RF-B65 & 60?

Old January 15th 05, 09:02 AM
Dave_In_CT

WTB:
Panasonic RF-B65
Would consider the RF-B60

Just curious, what do you like about the RF-B65 & 60?

I had one for a while before it crapped out a few years ago.
Just a different radio is all.

Old January 15th 05, 10:54 AM
DeWayne

"Dave_In_CT" wrote in message
WTB:
Panasonic RF-B65
Would consider the RF-B60

Just curious, what do you like about the RF-B65 & 60?

I had one for a while before it crapped out a few years ago.
Just a different radio is all.

I just wondered as I remember when they sold new and I thought they looked
worth trying but I never did. I think they were selling the Panasonic
RF-2900 new around then too.

Old January 15th 05, 11:39 AM
Tom Randy

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:54:34 +0000, DeWayne wrote:

"Dave_In_CT" wrote in message
WTB:
Panasonic RF-B65
Would consider the RF-B60

Just curious, what do you like about the RF-B65 & 60?

I've had one for years, I love it. Really nice little radio!

Old January 15th 05, 04:52 PM

Among some of my other old radios I own,I own a Panasonic RF-2600
radio.I bought it at a local Service Merchandise store about thirty
years ago.
cuhulin

Old January 15th 05, 05:30 PM

Try Ebay. 60's are reasonably common, but 65's somewhat less so.
Dave_In_CT wrote:
WTB:
Panasonic RF-B65
Would consider the RF-B60

Old January 15th 05, 05:45 PM
Dave_In_CT

Try Ebay. 60's are reasonably common, but 65's somewhat less so.
Dave_In_CT wrote:
WTB:
Panasonic RF-B65
Would consider the RF-B60

I have been watching there....
There is never one when you want it heh heh. thanks

Old January 16th 05, 01:16 AM
Dave_In_CT

Ranier Lichte in his book radio receivers chance or choice volume 2 rates
the 65 better than the 2010 by a small margin

I loved the 1 I had before it crapped out.
I sold my 2010 and kept the 65. It was very quiet and sensitive, just
smaller if you have big hands I don't recommend it..

Old January 16th 05, 07:02 AM
starman

DeWayne wrote:

I just wondered as I remember when they sold new and I thought they looked
worth trying but I never did. I think they were selling the Panasonic
RF-2900 new around then too.

The RF-2800 and 2900 were about ten years before the B65 and B60. The
latter two were real PLL designs, not analog with a frequency display
(counter) like the 2800/2900. The 2900 is identical to the 2800 except
it has a fluorescent display instead of red LED's on the 2800, which
saved battery power. The 2800 display only worked for AM/shortwave
tuning, not FM. The current Tecsun/Grundig S-350 is loosely based on the
RF-2800/2900 but it does not have dual conversion like the two
Panasonics did.
I've been trying to locate a National Panasonic DR-29. This version was
not sold in the US. It had a built-in preselector to reduce images and
overloading in strong signal areas like Europe.