Old January 18th 05, 05:52 AM
John Richer

Default DX'ing and Invisible Pet Fence

Hi All!

Silly question for the tech-savvies by whom I am overshadowed...

I am considering installing an invisible pet fence at my rural home. Will
this adversely affect my DX'ing?

I use a 100' wire and favor a Satellite 800 and a DX-394. The wire will
pass over the inground "fence" wire at about 18ft in height and will cross
it at roughly the mid-point. At present I have no complaint with
performance whatsoever.

Thanks in advance for any input!

John Richer

Old January 18th 05, 06:09 AM
Brenda Ann

"John Richer" wrote in message
Hi All!

Silly question for the tech-savvies by whom I am overshadowed...

I am considering installing an invisible pet fence at my rural home. Will
this adversely affect my DX'ing?

I use a 100' wire and favor a Satellite 800 and a DX-394. The wire will
pass over the inground "fence" wire at about 18ft in height and will cross
it at roughly the mid-point. At present I have no complaint with
performance whatsoever.

Thanks in advance for any input!

John Richer

I think most of those fences work on CB frequencies. Shouldn't do too much
damage except for in the 27MHz range.. YMMV

Old January 18th 05, 06:15 AM
John Richer

Thanks Brenda!

I'm grateful for your advice.

John Richer

Old January 18th 05, 06:45 AM
Mark S. Holden

John Richer wrote:

Hi All!

Silly question for the tech-savvies by whom I am overshadowed...

I am considering installing an invisible pet fence at my rural home. Will
this adversely affect my DX'ing?

I use a 100' wire and favor a Satellite 800 and a DX-394. The wire will
pass over the inground "fence" wire at about 18ft in height and will cross
it at roughly the mid-point. At present I have no complaint with
performance whatsoever.

Thanks in advance for any input!

John Richer

This company says their system works on frequencies below 20khz.

http://www.invisiblefence.com/product_solutions/indoor/product_faqs/purchase.asp

From the answer to q5:

"...Our system works by radio carrier frequency -- either 7.5 kilohertz
or 10.8 kilohertz. We utilize 30-hertz modulation frequency..."

But it would certainly pay to ask the contractor you're planning to deal
with what frequency their system works on to make sure.

Old January 18th 05, 10:44 AM
Lucky

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"John Richer" wrote in message
Hi All!

Silly question for the tech-savvies by whom I am overshadowed...

I am considering installing an invisible pet fence at my rural home.
Will
this adversely affect my DX'ing?

I use a 100' wire and favor a Satellite 800 and a DX-394. The wire will
pass over the inground "fence" wire at about 18ft in height and will
cross
it at roughly the mid-point. At present I have no complaint with
performance whatsoever.

Thanks in advance for any input!

John Richer

I think most of those fences work on CB frequencies. Shouldn't do too much
damage except for in the 27MHz range.. YMMV

You sure know your stuff Brenda!

Lucky