RadioBanter

-   -   Question about "pirates". (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/59875-question-about-%22pirates%22.html)

[email protected] January 23rd 05 12:02 AM

DesignGuy January 23rd 05 12:34 AM

WMFQ
Iron Man Radio
Undercover Radio
WEAK Radio
Running a S9+10 at peaks!
My wife is loving WEAK radio.
She loves the format!
Terry

6955 and 6925 seem to be the most popular frequencies for U.S. pirates at
the moment.

A good time to listen is Fri/Sat evenings, and especially around holidays.
Sometimes late afternoon, but more often in the evenings.

BTW, some time back I sent an email to your hotmail address but never heard
back. I'm also a DXer in Lexington, KY.

Scott A. January 23rd 05 12:40 AM

I just got an email reply from "Dr. Benway" at undercoverradio. He said
he'd send a QSL and a CD to my address. Cool, my first QSL.

Michael Lawson January 23rd 05 01:11 AM

Yes, it is. Used to be some years back that 7415 was another
popular frequency, then some official broadcasters moved
in, and that was that.

--Mike L.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is 6925 a common priate freq?
I mainly listen to utility and
international broadcasters, but
this is a ball.
So far there have been four different
pirates on this freq.
WMFQ
Iron Man Radio
Undercover Radio
WEAK Radio
Running a S9+10 at peaks!
My wife is loving WEAK radio.
She loves the format!
Terry

DMoeller January 23rd 05 09:14 AM

Here in Europe Pirates are on frequencies between 6200 and 6300: every sunday
from 09-11 UTC.
More info about pirates also on http://www.fading.de

Greetings, Daniel

dxAce January 23rd 05 10:27 AM

wrote:

Is 6925 a common priate freq?

6925 is certainly in use quite a bit these days and 6950 is used often. The
Euro-pirates seem to hang around the 6200 area with 6220 in use quite often
these days.

As someone else mentioned, at one time years ago 7415 was a common frequency,
but now that is in use by WBCQ and also the VOA out of an African location.

DesignGuy January 23rd 05 03:24 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is 6925 a common priate freq?
I mainly listen to utility and
international broadcasters, but
this is a ball.
So far there have been four different
pirates on this freq.
WMFQ
Iron Man Radio
Undercover Radio
WEAK Radio
Running a S9+10 at peaks!
My wife is loving WEAK radio.
She loves the format!
Terry

Europirates like the 6900-6950 range. Usually 0600-0800 GMT is the best time
to hear them.

Visit http://www.bluegrassdavinci.com/ to see some other local DXers.

[email protected] January 23rd 05 04:08 PM

Brothers and Sisters,,, that is mostly why I want to buy meself a much
better Shortwave Radio and I also realize,, Antenna,Antenna,Antenna! For
Pirate Shortwave Radio,Ireland.
cuhulin (Satanta) CATTLE RAID OF COOLEY

dxAce January 24th 05 10:53 AM

starman wrote:

dxAce wrote:

wrote:

Is 6925 a common priate freq?

6925 is certainly in use quite a bit these days and 6950 is used often. The
Euro-pirates seem to hang around the 6200 area with 6220 in use quite often
these days.

As someone else mentioned, at one time years ago 7415 was a common frequency,
but now that is in use by WBCQ and also the VOA out of an African location.

What's the highest pirate frequency/band you can recall?

Heck, it's hard to say. Seems like some operate up above 15 MHz at times... just
depends on where they want to pop up. They're pirates!

bl January 24th 05 11:13 PM

Frequencies:
6925 is the hotspot for NA Pirates, but check up to 6955.
The Crystal Ship used 6855 and Grasscutter uses 4070 sometimes.
Less used freqs are 15.915 & 20.995. Also 27.555 when the band is open.
Check out:
www.frn.net/vines