Old January 26th 05, 06:11 AM
Kachina 78

Default Which Time Signal Station Is On 3810khz?

I've got it at 0600utc, on 3810khz. PWBR shows no time signal station on this
frequency. Good DXing to you, Gary, Illinois, USA
Old January 26th 05, 04:03 PM
dxAce

Caveat Lector wrote:

The list on AC6V's site http://ac6v.com/standard.htm shows:

3810 HD2IOA Guayaquil, Ecuador

Unfortunately, many of the stations on that AC6V list are no longer in
operation. Many of them have been off for years.

Here is my list of QSL'd time signal stations:

RWM
RID
WWVH
WWV
YVTO, Venezuela
Radio Reloj, Costa Rica
VPS60, Hong Kong
JJY, Japan
HLA, S. Korea
LOL, Argentina
VPS35, Hong Kong
VPS8, Hong Kong
CBV, Chile
BSF, Taiwan
Naval Communications Station Darwin, Australia
EBC, Spain
PPR, Brazil
OMA, Czechoslovakia
OLB5, Czechoslovakia
BPM, China
ZUD, South Africa
VNG, Lyndhurst, Australia
VNG, Llandilo, Australia
CHU, Canada
ZSC, South Africa
Y3S, E. Germany
Radio Relogio Federal, Brazil

Many of these are unfortunately now off the air. And no, I still do not have a
QSL from HD2IOA.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 7th 05, 07:18 PM
bpnjensen

Many of these are unfortunately now off the air. And no, I still do
not have a
QSL from HD2IOA.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Interestingly, this Guayaquil station was booming in here in California
on 3810 early AM (UTC) on February 6. First time I'd heard it (I used
to hear another, I believe, Ecuadorian on 60 meters a few years back).
*Very potent signal* for (apparently) 1 kW. Oddly, it seemed to
function much as CHU does, in which it is audible on AM and LSB but not
USB (broadcast in LSB with carrier reinserted for AM reception).

I miss VNG :-(

Bruce Jensen

List Logging dxAce Shortwave 9 September 24th 04 09:05 PM
MSF Time and Frequency Station Closing for Essential Maintenance Mike Terry Shortwave 1 September 18th 04 06:04 AM
RILEY SAYS K1MAN BROADCASTS ARE LEGAL Dave Welby Policy 28 August 31st 04 01:59 AM
RILEY SAYS K1MAN BROADCASTS ARE LEGAL Dave Welby CB 29 May 10th 04 11:30 PM