RadioBanter

-   -   I am having trouble understanding this one (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/62973-i-am-having-trouble-understanding-one.html)

[email protected] January 29th 05 12:20 AM

I am having trouble understanding this one

why would someone bid $119

when they could do a buy it now for $89

which is an outstanding price from a highly rated seller ????
what am I missing here ?????????

[email protected] January 29th 05 12:22 AM

I understand now, I thought they were both E3C since that is what I
searched for.

RHF January 29th 05 12:59 AM

MSOV,
..
The ones that make me say !WHAT! are the C. Crane Co.
AM Twin Coil Ferrite Antennas that are sold as
'returns' by Crane on eBay.
eBay Seller = c.cranecompanyinc.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZc.cranecompanyinc.
http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=c.cranecompanyin c.

..
The new AM Twin Coil Ferrite Antennas direct from
C. Crane Co. sell new with the Full Manufactures
Warranty for $99.95 plus Free Shipping.
TCAMA = http://www.ccrane.com/am-antenna.aspx
..
Often the 'returns' are Bid-Up on eBay to $85
or more and sometimes $90 plus dollars.
This is with only a 90 Day limited warranty;
and the buyer has to pay an Extra $9.95 for
Shipping. EXAMPLE :
..
Later the Buyer must Say : Oh No ! I Paid Too Much !!!
..
jm2cw ~ RHF

Conan Ford January 29th 05 02:12 AM

"Jim Douglas" wrote in
:

and $14.00 shipping, what do they ship it in a bicycle box?

For something that small, it better be same day shipping.

starman January 30th 05 09:08 AM

Jim Douglas wrote:

and $14.00 shipping, what do they ship it in a bicycle box?

The so called 'handling' charge used to be included in the price of
merchandise until some businesses decided they could make extra profit
by charging a seperate handling fee in addition to shipping. This also
allows them to lower the price of the merchandise and make up the
difference with the handling charge. A really reputable company doesn't
do this.

[email protected] January 30th 05 01:09 PM

I was checking out my snail mail Heartland America
www.heartlandamerica.com catalog a few days ago and there are two
Grundig factory reconditioned,with free shipping,AM/FM/Shortwave radios
listed in the catalog,if anybody is interested.I think I am going to
order one of those little pedal cars for $79.99,with free shipping,for
one of my sister's grandkids to play with and some DVD movies for
meself.
cuhulin

[email protected] January 30th 05 02:02 PM

I think you'll have to ask B. Everhart, who spent $1000 on a Satellit
700.