Old January 29th 05, 12:20 AM

Default I am having trouble understanding this one

why would someone bid $119

when they could do a buy it now for $89

which is an outstanding price from a highly rated seller ????
what am I missing here ?????????

Old January 29th 05, 12:22 AM

I understand now, I thought they were both E3C since that is what I
searched for.

Old January 29th 05, 12:59 AM
RHF

MSOV,
..
The ones that make me say !WHAT! are the C. Crane Co.
AM Twin Coil Ferrite Antennas that are sold as
'returns' by Crane on eBay.
eBay Seller = c.cranecompanyinc.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZc.cranecompanyinc.
http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=c.cranecompanyin c.

..
The new AM Twin Coil Ferrite Antennas direct from
C. Crane Co. sell new with the Full Manufactures
Warranty for $99.95 plus Free Shipping.
TCAMA = http://www.ccrane.com/am-antenna.aspx
..
Often the 'returns' are Bid-Up on eBay to $85
or more and sometimes $90 plus dollars.
This is with only a 90 Day limited warranty;
and the buyer has to pay an Extra $9.95 for
Shipping. EXAMPLE :
..
Later the Buyer must Say : Oh No ! I Paid Too Much !!!
..
jm2cw ~ RHF

Old January 29th 05, 02:12 AM
Conan Ford

"Jim Douglas" wrote in
:

and $14.00 shipping, what do they ship it in a bicycle box?

For something that small, it better be same day shipping.

Old January 30th 05, 09:08 AM
starman

Jim Douglas wrote:

and $14.00 shipping, what do they ship it in a bicycle box?

The so called 'handling' charge used to be included in the price of
merchandise until some businesses decided they could make extra profit
by charging a seperate handling fee in addition to shipping. This also
allows them to lower the price of the merchandise and make up the
difference with the handling charge. A really reputable company doesn't
do this.

Old January 30th 05, 01:09 PM

I was checking out my snail mail Heartland America
www.heartlandamerica.com catalog a few days ago and there are two
Grundig factory reconditioned,with free shipping,AM/FM/Shortwave radios
listed in the catalog,if anybody is interested.I think I am going to
order one of those little pedal cars for $79.99,with free shipping,for
one of my sister's grandkids to play with and some DVD movies for
meself.
cuhulin

Old January 30th 05, 02:02 PM

I think you'll have to ask B. Everhart, who spent $1000 on a Satellit
700.

AM fone.net trouble? Carl WA1KPD Boatanchors 0 December 24th 04 03:23 AM
Pro-43 Trouble Update Bo Harris Scanner 0 November 11th 04 11:08 AM
Yeasu ATAS-120 trouble WG Antenna 1 September 26th 04 03:58 PM
Understanding Shortwave Radio Listening and Antenna Design and Construction RHF Shortwave 3 February 13th 04 07:16 AM