Old January 29th 05, 07:26 AM
RHF

Default Sources For : Air Variable "Tuning" Capacitors [ 365 pf ] To use in Loop Antenna Projects

DR,
..
Here are a few LINKS for Air Variable Tuning Capacitors
[ 365 pf ] to use in Loop Antenna and 'other' Projects:
..
* Antique Electronic Supply
http://www.tubesandmore.com/
Click-On: Capacitors / Variable
..
* Ocean State Electronics
http://www.oselectronics.com/ose_p96.htm
..
* The Xtal Set Society
http://www.midnightscience.com/catalog5.html
..
* Fair Radio Sales
Military & Industrial Surplus Electronics
http://www.fairradio.com/airvar.htm
..
* Surplus Sales of Nebraska
http://www.surplussales.com/Variable...s/AirVar1.html
..
YES - Some of these are a little "Pricey" for a new
Air Variable Tuning Capacitors.
..
The alternative is to go Treasure Hunting and Find a 'used'
Air Variable Tuning Capacitors in an 'old' junk radio at a
Flea Market or a Thrift Store. { A Hunting We Will Go ! }
..
..
iane ~ RHF
..
All are WELCOME and "Invited to Join" the
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna eGroup on YAHOO !
..
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
..
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night . . .
You Can Hear Forever and Beyond, The BEYOND !
With a Shortwave Listener SWL Antenna of your own making.
"If You Build It {SWL Antenna} You Will Hear Them !"
..
..
* * * SOURCE Loop Antenna eGroup on YAHOO !
= = = In ,
= = = Daniel Reynolds aa0ni@y... wrote:

Has anyone tried attaching a giant loop like this to
something like a Sangean ATS-909 / RadioShack DX-398 ?

I'm guessing that I'll need some sort of 365pF variable
capacitor for this also ?

- Daniel
Old January 29th 05, 03:54 PM

http://www.danssmallpartsandkits.net/

Another source for air-var caps.

Old January 30th 05, 03:55 AM
m II

RHF wrote:

Here are a few LINKS for Air Variable Tuning Capacitors

It's a good thing, too. I went to Radio Shack last week for just this item.
I told the salesperson I needed a variable tuning capacitor. They gave a me
a blank look. I elaborated, telling them that the thing has lots of
aluminium fins and a shaft for turning them back and forth. He promptly
escorted me to the potentiometers.

Not to be put off, I went to another Radio Shack and repeated my
description. This time, I got led to, you guessed it..the automotive FUSE
display.

pathetic..by now it was mid day and time for lunch. I went into a nearby
Wendy's and had a salad with Ranch dressing. It was ok, but I HAD ordered
French dressing.

Either the quality of personnel is dropping very badly, or there's not much
training being given. It's hard to be helpful when a know nothing customer
knows infinitely more than you do.

rant mode off

mike
Old January 31st 05, 02:24 AM
Ron G

I came in late on this--
Would you repost the links for the 365 pf air caps?
Any "links" for cat whiskers also (Germanium Xtals)
Thanks---
Ron

m II wrote in message news:eVYKd.77528$Qb.22227@edtnps89...
RHF wrote:

[...]