Old January 29th 05, 06:11 PM

Default 7395KHz? local pakistan station???

Hlp pls. 1520-1648, Jan 29
Male presenter in vernacular (pakistani dialect) ID at 1558 clearly
says Pakistan with sig 45444. id at 1600 too fast to follow but
sounds like "Radio Aka ...(several words)... followed by female
presenter Several ID's by 1632 and still words too fast, Radio
Aka....or Ara .... Signal fades into bkgnd by 1648.

Really confused by one ID in vernacular near end out pops the words".
"P.O. Box 5077".
They have post office boxes in Pakistan?

ILG, WOR, CunbreDx, hard-core dx, etc., no clue at this freq.

I gotta set up my laptop to record.

thnx...jimg
Old January 29th 05, 08:25 PM
jimg

jimg wrote:
chkd FEBA and couldn't find 7395, but did find your listing for FEBA:

1530-1600 smtwtfs PASHTO 7395 41 ARM
1600-1630 smtwtfs DARI 7395 41 ARM
1630-1645 smtwtfs HAZARAGI 7395 41 ARM
1645-1700 smtwtfs UZBEK 7395 41 ARM

but ace, it sure didn;t sound like any religoius brdcst...but u must
be right

dxAce wrote:

wrote:

Hlp pls. 1520-1648, Jan 29
Male presenter in vernacular (pakistani dialect) ID at 1558 clearly
says Pakistan with sig 45444. id at 1600 too fast to follow but
sounds like "Radio Aka ...(several words)... followed by female
presenter Several ID's by 1632 and still words too fast, Radio
Aka....or Ara .... Signal fades into bkgnd by 1648.

Really confused by one ID in vernacular near end out pops the words".
"P.O. Box 5077".
They have post office boxes in Pakistan?

ILG, WOR, CunbreDx, hard-core dx, etc., no clue at this freq.

I gotta set up my laptop to record.

Sounds to me like you were hearing FEBA Radio directed to Afghanistan, in
various languages. They might most likely be mentioning Pakistan during the
broadcast or during the news. I'm not sure about the P.O. Box 5077 though.

It would help also if you gave a geographical region you are listening from.

I also find a listing for IBRA Radio around that time, same frequency, also
directed to Afghanistan out of Russia.

So chances are it is either FEBA or IBRA. There may be some confusion as to who
is actually scheduled there.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

jimg
Oregon
USA

Old January 29th 05, 08:36 PM
dxAce

jimg wrote:

jimg wrote:
chkd FEBA and couldn't find 7395, but did find your listing for FEBA:

1530-1600 smtwtfs PASHTO 7395 41 ARM
1600-1630 smtwtfs DARI 7395 41 ARM
1630-1645 smtwtfs HAZARAGI 7395 41 ARM
1645-1700 smtwtfs UZBEK 7395 41 ARM

but ace, it sure didn;t sound like any religoius brdcst...but u must
be right

I did see it listed too as IBRA, but that may have been in error. If I recall, FEBA
is more of a 'soft sell' regarding matters religious.

If you heard an interval signal, you might want to check on this page:

http://www.intervalsignals.net/

Not sure exactly which country FEBA might be listed under, so you might have to poke
around a bit.

dxAce
Michigan
USA