Old January 31st 05, 04:39 AM
mike maghakian

Default radio mart selling rare, coveted and valuable FRG-7700 !!!

one of the best performers ever ! (according to him)

Old January 31st 05, 11:16 AM
patgkz

In his auction text description, you are able to click on the different
details of the radio like "s-meter", "rear panel" etc. This format looks
very familiar.......Universal Radio uses this format.

Knowing this, I right-clicked and looked at the properties of Mr. Martyn's
detail pics......guess what......they were all lifted from Universal Radio's
used equipment photo listings. They are not actual pictures of his 7700.
Look closely at the detail of the rear panel....the serial number was wiped
out.

I think that someone should report this to Universal Radio....I don't think
it's legal to use their photo's without permission. Martyn wouldn't do
that, would he?

Old January 31st 05, 11:21 AM
patgkz

This may be the same radio..........Universal sold this 7700 for $299

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/sold099.html

This is where he lifted the photo's. Nice job, Universal.....you saved
Martyn alot of time on this one!

Old January 31st 05, 11:40 AM
Conan Ford

"mike maghakian" wrote in
:

one of the best performers ever ! (according to him)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...73&item=574726
2165&rd=1

I'm wondering why he's using so many private auctions now--is
gottahaveit1995 bidding on them?
Old January 31st 05, 11:52 AM
dxAce

Conan Ford wrote:

"mike maghakian" wrote in
:

one of the best performers ever ! (according to him)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...73&item=574726
2165&rd=1

I'm wondering why he's using so many private auctions now--is
gottahaveit1995 bidding on them?

I think it's more likely that he doesn't want other folks contacting his
bidder(s), clueing them in.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 31st 05, 08:17 PM
hamfest bum

"mike maghakian" wrote in message
one of the best performers ever ! (according to him)

(he obviously missed his calling selling pre-owned cars
where he can make much more cash selling cars to suckers
instead of the tightwad ham op's)

Curious....look and see also that his current
High Bidder, by a -strange coincidence-, has his
user ID kept "private..." What's this all about ?
Shill-bid the price of the item up to garner
maximum profit and publicity perhaps ???

Check the other auctions also. (all ham stuff with strangely
similar photos) I wouldn't touch anything that this guy
is selling with a 20 foot pole.

Old January 31st 05, 08:24 PM
hamfest bum

"Conan Ford" wrote in message
3.159...

I'm wondering why he's using so many private auctions now--is
gottahaveit1995 bidding on them?

(someone needs to flag e-Bay Safe Harbor on all this malarkie goin on!)

FROM THE E-BAY SAFE HARBOR F.A.Q. :

"Shill bidding is the deliberate use of secondary
registrations, aliases, family members, friends,
or associates to artificially drive up the bid
price of an item. (This is also known as "bid padding.")
Shill bidding is strictly forbidden on eBay.
eBay members found shill bidding may receive
warnings or indefinite suspensions of their accounts."

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...l-bidding.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/shill-bidding.html

Old January 31st 05, 09:25 PM
Mark S. Holden

hamfest bum wrote:

"Conan Ford" wrote in message
3.159...

I'm wondering why he's using so many private auctions now--is
gottahaveit1995 bidding on them?

(someone needs to flag e-Bay Safe Harbor on all this malarkie goin on!)

FROM THE E-BAY SAFE HARBOR F.A.Q. :

"Shill bidding is the deliberate use of secondary
registrations, aliases, family members, friends,
or associates to artificially drive up the bid
price of an item. (This is also known as "bid padding.")
Shill bidding is strictly forbidden on eBay.
eBay members found shill bidding may receive
warnings or indefinite suspensions of their accounts."

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...l-bidding.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/shill-bidding.html

With private auctions, you'll have a tough time proving shill bidding.

Ebay may be able to check to see if bids are coming from the same IP address as
the seller. This would probably be a better shot than asking them if
gottahaveit1995 is bidding - as he was already caught shilling with that user
id, and I doubt he'd repeat the mistake with the same user id.

He went to the private auction format when folks here started talking about
warning his bidders about his practices.
Old January 31st 05, 09:30 PM
dxAce

"Mark S. Holden" wrote:

hamfest bum wrote:

"Conan Ford" wrote in message
3.159...

[...]

Indeed, as soon as I asked him a few questions he stated that I was blocked as a
bidder. Not that I was really interested anyway, but ask a few pertinent questions,
and you're done!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 31st 05, 09:49 PM
Uncle Peter

"hamfest bum" wrote in message
roups.com...

"mike maghakian" wrote in message
one of the best performers ever ! (according to him)

Bets me, he's already in my killfile, and I only saw the eBay notice
because you elected to repost it for him.