Old February 1st 05, 05:25 AM

Default ICOM 737 keyer problem

I have an ICOM 737 and I'm about a 75% c.w. user. It's been working
great with no problems - until I turned it on this evening. The keyer
won't make dots. The dash side is o.k.

I checked out continuity of the plug, cord and the keyer paddle. When
I short the dash side conductor of the 3-conductor cable to the common
conductor, it makes dashes. When I short the dot side of the
3-conductor to common, nothing happens.

When I hook up my bug to the jack and put the key switch in appropriate
position, the bug works o.k. But when I go back to the keyer, still no
dots.

This leads me to the conclusion something is wrong with the jack on the
back of the rig, or the internal keyer circuitry in the rig.
Anybody had any experience like this??

Thanks and 73

George